FroYo Exchange 2010 issues..

sniffs

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
Since updating to FroYo, I cannot get my Droid to connect back into my exchange 2010 server.

I've tried everything I can think of.. Is there some sort of cert issue or something? It worked perfectly fine on 2.1

infact, I've mirrored the settings from my Droid Inc, HTC EVO, Droid X and iPhone on my Moto Droid and the settings are the exact same and it just wont connect it.. keeps poping up with "Unable to open connection to server" and allows me to edit the details..

this is super frustrating.

SnydersWeb

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
I've run into a few minor quirks with Exchange on Froyo and I think I've tamed the beast pretty well after some needless trial and error.

A lot of Exchange admins require remote security and remote wipe. This seems to have gotten tweaked for 2.2. I can't say I like this particular change, but whatever...

You might try this.
1. Settings > Location & Security Settings > Select Device Administrators - Remove "Email" there if you see it.
2. Delete your Exchange Account from the phone.
3. Re-Add it.. this time it will hopefully prompt you to set up that Device Administrators account thing.

Hopefully that will get you working and fix the "requires security settings update" notification you might be getting.

sniffs

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
I am not seeing "Email" in the Select Device Administrators.

I've removed my Exchange account multiple times. If I opt to not use SSL it'll tell me my username/password is invalid. If I do use SSL, it'll tell me that it's unable to open connection to the server.. If I uncheck to allow all certs, it'll tell me there's a security issue.

Are you running Exchange 2010?

SnydersWeb

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
No idea which Exchange server version my workplace is running.

Does your exchange server show the login attempts in the logs?

sniffs

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
Talked to the exchange admin, seems to be a cert issue.. we're waiting on the cert. None of our 2.2 devices will connect in.. yay! :(

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463