Vehicle Mount

Adiliyo

Oct 17, 2009
Visit site
The USB port is open when docked, so you can definitely charge in the dock.

Would have loved to see an integrated charger with it, that would make it perfect in my opinion. I wish someone would mod this thing to include an inductive charger.

especially if you paid the full $30 for a piece of plastic and a suction cup. :p

darkstar

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
mine doesnt shake much... its got a couple points where you can tighten it down.. is it?

also.. i have mine mounted on the windshield... it does come with a plastic disc that has an adhesive backing that you can put on your dashboard... and you can use the suction cup to attach it there.

darkstar

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
there is one on the moto site that says it comes with a quick charger.. but when i last checked, it was unavailable to order. just another way vz can extort you for another $20 for a charger...

raremage

Nov 5, 2009
Visit site
there is one on the moto site that says it comes with a quick charger.. but when i last checked, it was unavailable to order. just another way vz can extort you for another $20 for a charger...

I know there was some confusion originally regarding car docks and chargers, so it seems possible the site simply doesn't have the correct info - at least they aren't selling something that doesn't exist.

Or - maybe it's a new thing...

Adiliyo

Oct 17, 2009
Visit site
Vibrations can depend on your car... my '98 Civic has some vibrations on it's old age... so, I don't expect too much from any car mounts.

to be fair though, that's your entire car shaking vs just the mount.

i second checking to see if everything is down tight. mine doesn't shake more than anything else, with my super stiff suspension being the cause

darkstar

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
I managed to get my hands on a Dremel and I modifed the cradle right behind where the camera is... The plastic is plenty thick and that corner does not really bear any stress... dashboard cam.... you can stream directly to www.qik.com/daavy... (mine, so you can see).... or record in HD to your SD cam..

Careful not to turn that into "evidence" ;)

Last edited:

Tennessee

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
I don't have any vibration, but i have put the suction cup into a bean bag mount. I looked at them a while back and they wanted like 25 for them. I found one at Big Lots for 10.00, so I gave it a try, works like a charm.

cynbad#AC

Dec 25, 2009
Visit site
Hello! My hubby just got a droid and the car mount. We didn't realize it at the time but he has to take the body glove off to fit in the mount. Is there a vzw case out that fits in the mount also? Thx!

Lancer033

Mar 19, 2010
Visit site
This + This FTW

been using that combo for about 6 weeks now. Case is great and works with the Car dock....and you can use it to charge other USB powered devices (but you have to buy this too)

Their desktop cradle is on my to buy list too.

Last edited:

dtrust

Nov 26, 2009
Visit site
Small problem with mine

Has anyone used the Motorola's vehicle mount that Verizon sells?
If so do you like it?

I must be the only one who has problems with the mount detaching unexpectedly.

Seems most use the mount on the windshield. I use the plastic disk that it comes with (attached to the dash).

On quite few occasions, the suction cup let go and my Droid fell off the dash. (scary few seconds there) I had Verizon replace the thing, and the new one does the same thing.

FWIW, I am VERY carful at putting it on, and clean the suction cup and disk completely beforehand. Sometimes it'll last a couple days, sometimes only a few minutes. Each time I mount it, I wiggle it to see if it's tight, and it always is.

Maybe I just need to use the windshield ??

BTW, I get no vibration while using it, or at least nothing to speak of. I just wish the suction cup was better. I have a Garmin GPS unit that the suction cup never fails, so I know it's not my inability to use the Verizon one correctly.

myriad46

Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
I went the ProClips way and have been very happy. My last phone came flying off the dash with a suction cup mount. I wasn't willing to risk the Droid.

takeshi

Jan 27, 2010
Visit site
I must be the only one who has problems with the mount detaching unexpectedly.
Nope. I can't stand windshield mounts, friction mounts, magnetic mounts etc.

ProClip has great device mounts but their vehicle mounts leave a bit to be desired IMO. I'd suggest looking to Panavise for a vehicle mount.

PJnc284

Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
Think I'm going to ditch the window mount as it's pretty much useless on hot days. I hit 156deg on the processor after about 45min of navigation. It got so hot that it stopped charging and was draining the battery even with a setCPU profile to drop it to only 550 when plugged in. Apparently this is a known issue with numerous reports on stock and overclocked droids. Time to look into vent mounts.

PJnc284

Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
Definitely an overheating issue. Just used navigation with the screen on for over 2hrs and it never stopped charging in the vent mount. Phone stayed cool and didn't experience any battery drain.