Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    2,443 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Root

Default How do you close Browser?

I just got this phone literally 30 minutes ago. I was wondering how you close apps. Thanks
    Roy Aguilera

Quote Originally Posted by Dukins View Post
    I just got this phone literally 30 minutes ago. I was wondering how you close apps. Thanks
    You don't. The Browser and other apps stay open but the phone knows that they are not being used and saves memory all on its own. You can get ATK (Advanced Task Killer) its free which kills the apps but you really don't need it. The phone will run fine and with no lag.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Global Posts
    2,443 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Root

How do I close the browser though when im not using it. Im wondering why everytime I open up browser it shows the last website I was on. I realize certain apps will stay on like the blackberry.
    Roy Aguilera

Quote Originally Posted by Dukins View Post
    How do I close the browser though when im not using it. Im wondering why everytime I open up browser it shows the last website I was on. I realize certain apps will stay on like the blackberry.
    That is how it works, very different from the BB browser. It saves the last page but will not continue updating it. There is no close button for it.

In the same area. How do you get to your "home" page, I don't see any quick way to do it other than going to the bookmarks
    Roy Aguilera

Bookmark is the only way to get back.

Quote Originally Posted by DA6 View Post
    Bookmark is the only way to get back.
    OK, thanks for the quick reply
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    6,356 Global Posts
    ROM
    NOS M7 Sense 5.0

You can keep hitting the back button to get back to your home screen before you exit. This wont close the browser but next time you open it up you will be at your home page or close it using the task kill program.

I usually just open the windows tab and close all open windows when you do that it will open one new one that is your home page.

Global Posts
    53 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ret.Lt-SA View Post
    OK, thanks for the quick reply
    You can also view all of the open windows and close all of them. Then it will load the home page, having no other option other than to be blank.

Global Posts
    33 Global Posts

post number one... woohoo !
    ----
    I just open browser > touch menu button > touch Windows key > touch New window key. done.

you can repeat and close or "x" unused windows when convenient.

Quote Originally Posted by baldy9000 View Post
    post number one... woohoo !
    ----
    I just open browser > touch menu button > touch Windows key > touch New window key. done.

you can repeat and close or "x" unused windows when convenient.

All I see when I open menu is. New window and it is darkened.