Mod Cardock without Root!

Scatabrain

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
I use my windsheild mount on my desk. I stuck the 3m black dot in the best spot and plunge away. Works great. It's better then the multimedia doc because I can adjust the orientation / angle at will and it gives it a bit more height over the multimedia dock.

The only problem is everytime I put the phone into the holder the useless cardock app comes up. If you are rooted you can block the app from coming up (but not the silly icon in the status bar). But alas I am not rooted (battery life was a killer).

Prevent the cardock app: Remove the Moto plate on the holder and you will see a magnet. Simply pry the magnet out, snap the Moto plate back in and you're done. No more car dock. RIP useless cardock app.

If you wanted to you could flip the magnet (and glue it back in) and the multimedia - clock would come up instead.

I would bet that the only reason for the Dock app is as a c.y.a. app for Google/VZW against idiots that click around their phone while driving and crash.

Personally I find the cardock app useless. I use the voice commands to navigate and make calls (not while driving please!).

Cheers!

Scatabrain

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
I am thinking of playing a practical joke on my gastroenterologist: before my next appointment, swallow that little magnet. See what mayhem ensues.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

jdk2

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
I am thinking of playing a practical joke on my gastroenterologist: before my next appointment, swallow that little magnet. See what mayhem ensues.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
This post has been forwarded to The American Board of Colon and Rectal Surgery for further review. :p