Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Best Skins Ever - Now shipping for the Droid

I know there's been talk about Invisible Shield, and VZW's screen protectors. I tried a VZW one on my Droid, and just didn't like the feel of it.

I had a BSE skin on my Storm 1 from the day I got it, and can say it did a wonderful job keeping my phone scratch free, which helped resale value when something better like the Droid came out. The last BSE skin I had did have a little "Orange Peel" feel to it which I like as it gives the screen a somewhat tactile feel when scrolling. Some people don't like this, so know this going in.

I don't know how screen sensitivity will be. I never had a problem with the Storm, I'm hoping the same is true for the Droid. I ordered mine today, will give feedback once I get it in. But for anybody else looking to skin your Droid, $4.99 + $2 shipping:

Motorola Droid Skin

Thanks for the heads up. I'm still on the fence as to skin or leave it naked.

Sometimes, the Droid's screen is almost a little too sensitive, and it detects an unintentional keypress because I happened to lightly brush my finger against the screen, so I'd like to know if the skin decreases the sensitivity of the capacitive touchscreen at all.

Thanks.
    a little obsessive...

I've been a loyal BSE user so I also ordered one for the Droid.

I went to a mall that had an Invisible Shield kiosk. The guy there was very nice, and had a scrap of their shield and put it on the phone as a temporary thing just so I could see if it made any difference. For me, the phone responded pretty much exactly the same with our without the invisible shield, but the shield did resist fingerprints better. So I went for it and have been happy with the shield.

Mostly just posting as if you can find a Invisible Shield kiosk and are on the fence, it worked for me just to ask if they have a scrap that you can sample on your screen and see for yourself how it works. I have a suspicion that the answer may change from person to person after reading several threads on the topic.

I have an IS now... got it today.. good folks a BB put it on for me... +1 to resist fingerprints... I would still rather have an anti-glare screen protector.. but this is better than nothing.

I will say that adding a screen protector has really taken my oversensitive touchscreen to almost "just right"..

Let us know how the BSE works out!
    Roy Aguilera

I like the Anti-glare protector they make for the Iphone/Ipod Touch. Wish they would make one for the Droid.