Droid from FireFly

kinglord

Nov 16, 2009
Visit site
On my Facebook, there was an ad for a $149.00 Droid via Wirefly.

heres the Link

Droid and Droid Eris

Does anyone have any thoughts of comments on this? I dropped $199, plus hefty taxes on the Original Price through best Buy. I would love to here some feed back as I am still in my 30 days for a possible return!

Thanks

:eek:

Adiliyo

Oct 17, 2009
Visit site
i've heard the deals from firefly are for new subscribers only, i don't know if you are a return verizon customer or not, but there ya go. :)

kinglord

Nov 16, 2009
Visit site
I am First time Customer, Signed up less than a week ago through Best Buy. Can anyone elaborate anymore, possibly give there review of ordering through Fire Fly?

Does Best Buy Price match?

hanano17

Nov 7, 2009
Visit site
You can get best buy to price match, as firefly isn't the only place offering that deal. Look about anywhere online. Walmart, sears, wirefly...they all offer the droid at 149.99 +2 year contract. I'd just go back to best buy and tell/show them and they should give you the 50 bucks. I believe someone has already posted that he did that, and they price matched and refunded him $50, it was a different forum though.

It's for both new and current customers (using NE2).

EDIT: Here's the thread on it to help you guys out: http://androidforums.com/motorola-droid/17637-50-cash-back-best-buy.html

Last edited:

Flyguide83

Nov 16, 2009
www.northwestfrontier.com
It even says that you can get that price with a 2yr extension.... I think Im going to be taking mine back to verizon! I called the store and they said that they will not match any online pricing. He said that I will need to just return the phone. Im not sure its worth the unknowns of wirefly and pita for $50...

Last edited:

hanano17

Nov 7, 2009
Visit site
It even says that you can get that price with a 2yr extension.... I think Im going to be taking mine back to verizon! I called the store and they said that they will not match any online pricing. He said that I will need to just return the phone. Im not sure its worth the unknowns of wirefly and pita for $50...

Sears and walmart aren't unknowns. However, i'm unaware of verizon ever price matching anything. Best Buy will for sure.

salanester

Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
I had only briefly checked out the terms for buying through Firefly, so this isn't absolute fact. If you cancel from Verizon you only pay whatever your ETF, I think I saw from Firefly if you cancel within 2 years you are responsible for the Verizon fee and then the difference in retail price of the phone to Firefly. If you don't plan on canceling I wouldn't worry about it, but I would make sure to read the terms on Firefly.

kinglord

Nov 16, 2009
Visit site
SO...Best Buy will NOT pricematch anyone online, it has to be a Physical Local Store to where I am. Sears and Walmart are not yet selling the Droid on there stores, only online. Does anyone have any other suggestions?

DroidRage

Nov 18, 2009
Visit site
I went though this with my local Best Buy they would not match the Wirefly price but they did match the Sears price. When I did this Sears had this phone for the 149.99 so Best Buy gave me $50.00 back.

ccoady750#AC

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
thats nice dude, but it isnt relevant to the post, quit braggin d-bag:cool:

I have a friend that bought from Sears because he didn't know you get a discount for NE2, thinking that it was $199 for 2 year new or renewal, so he spent $149 online from sears. Coulda got it for $99 just by using his upgrade through Verizon. I wasn't eligible for a NE2 so I called Verizon, told them by BB screen was broke and asked if they could move up my NE2 date and they did. If you're close to your renewal date, just ask a Verizon rep over the phone, not in the store. They're not authorized to do that I guess.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech