how do you guys type on ur droid

jmack356

Aug 15, 2010
Visit site
I almost always just use the on screen keyboard (portrait). it's a dead ringer for my old Dell Axim's keyboard, same size, same place... The landscape is nice for the larger keys. I never use the physical KB since my Droid is wrapped in a rubber Body Glove cover, and that makes the top row a little crowded.

sethjk

Dec 15, 2009
Visit site
SWype predominately. Occassionally, I'll use the HTC keyboard. The sliding keyboard only for terminal emulator.

zakth

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
Re: type

I use the default keyboard. They hardware keyboard inputs certain letters several times with just one touch and is a pain to use.

takeshi

Jan 27, 2010
Visit site
Swype

Shame on swype to force us to find download, should be a paid app.
Guess you missed that it's still in beta for devices it's not delivered with:
http://beta.swype.com

Can you share were you found it?
Nope. Illegal distribution is illegal distribution whether the app is in beta, free or whatever.

I am just curious if any of you came from BB and use the virtual kb as effective as the BB kb?
Not really. It's a lot better with Swype IMO but I'm nowhere near as fast as I was with any of my 6 former BB's. YMMV.

Menno

Coffee Addict
Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
I use the soft keyboard in Portrait for Texting and searches. I switch to landscape when I'm typing on a forum or something.

If I'm writing something long, I'll typically switch to the hard keyboard. It's not the best by any means, but it lets me look at the whole screen, which I need for longer posts.

spark032207#WN

Sep 18, 2010
Visit site
I think after some getting used to the hardware keyboard isn't too bad. But I do most of my typing with BetterKeyboard in portrait mode. I tried Swype after many positive reviews, but it didn't really work out for me. I still can't pinpoint why, though.

rw6497

Feb 4, 2010
Visit site
smart keyboard pro is the way to go. goto settings and click on smart learning and your good to go. probably closest thing to iPhones fantastic word prediction.

mumfoau

Trusted Member
Oct 29, 2010
Visit site
Since swype doesn't seem to be available I'm now using slide it and its awesome. Really good for responding to messages while Droid is on my desk at work!

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

beez1717

Oct 7, 2010
Visit site
I use SlideIT a, lot and 8 pen for single finger typing but that takes time to learn but blind rob typing is sport cool.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

mumfoau

Trusted Member
Oct 29, 2010
Visit site
Is it normal for my SlideIT demo to expire? A friend of mine uses it as well and his hasn't and i have had mine a shorter period of time.

mumfoau

Trusted Member
Oct 29, 2010
Visit site
so i just installed swype 1.56 and i can type but when i try to swype a word it doesn't do anything but show the trace.

any thoughts?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1