how do you guys type on ur droid

nextjeter2

May 31, 2010
Visit site
Ok i just got a droid.. didnt like droid 2 skin and engadget wasnt a huge fan of it i like stock android and this keyboard is pretty bad. It seems almost too wide. How do u guys type.. special installed onscreen keyboard? swype? trick to make physical one easier?

andyredsoxb

Aug 18, 2010
Visit site
Portrait keyboard if I only have one hand available. Landscape 270 degree keyboard when using both hands to type. I only use the slide out keyboard if somebody asks to see it. Haven't tried swype yet, but looks cool.

jdwx

Nov 27, 2009
Visit site
Blackberry fanboi convert here. LOVE my Droid.... BUT... Hard keyboard is terrible. Used it 5-8 times in 8 months...

Swype, swift key beta, smart keyboard pro, in that order I guess... They all suck in their own way haha.. And are all cool in their own way as well.

Droid X seems much easier as screen/keys are larger.

rjdangerous

Jun 16, 2010
Visit site
have swype my x, looked all over the net for a working version of swype for my wifes droid and finally found one tonight. Only way to type. Shame on swype to force us to find download, should be a paid app.

myriad46

Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
Stock landscape keyboard. However, having the slide out keyboard is nice sometimes to hold onto the phone if I'm watching a video or reading a Kindle book.

anon(51467)

Aug 24, 2010
Visit site
Serious BlackBerry guy here, been on a Bold 9000 for a long time, hard to beat that keyboard. The Droid keyboard is okay, but feels "funny" in my hands. I just downloaded SlieIT, and that is fantastic.

Spaniard85

Jul 10, 2010
Visit site
I love the multitouch soft keyboard from the Droid X and 2. Primarily use it, but use the hard keyboard every now and then.

MowDownJoe

Regular lawnmower man...
Feb 14, 2010
Visit site
The hard keyboard's decent after it gets worn in. (Seriously, it wears itself in after some use. It's pretty good 6+ months after I got the thing.) Add in Swiftkey, which works with the hard keyboard, and Swype, and I'm covered in the keyboard department.

Scatabrain

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
I love smart keyboard. Too many features to list. I had trouble with swype I'm sure it's just me. I use the hardware keys off and on. Usually when I need the screen to not get crowded by the keyboard.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

nox

Retired Super Moderator
Jan 15, 2010
www.AndroidCentral.com
Can you share were you found it?

No :p Against rules lol

And I use the landscape stock touch keyboard, and portrait w/ one hand.
As someone stated before (too lazy to check, it's the shamwow guy though lol) I use the slide out keyboard to hold it when watching/reading.

Hardware keyboard is a POS imo.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty