rooted running 2.2 bb v.4... just got an OTA update???

beloved1228

Jan 19, 2010
www.facebook.com
I was looking at facebooks new "places" program, when a pop up told me my system is out of date and there was an update. So I hit install... I am running 2.2 rooted with BBv.4. Anyways it rebooted my droid and acted like it was installing something. After 30 sec. It stoped and had the ! Symbol in a yellow triangle. I did not install I take it because I was rooted and whatnot... I thought I would share this. Is there a new ota going out? I know they put it on hold for now... anyone think I should go back to stock and try to get the ota again?

beloved1228

Jan 19, 2010
www.facebook.com
Interesting... I am trying to deside if I should go to stock and try it or stay with my rooted 2.2... I like my wifi tethering. But if the battery with the ota is better I might go with that cuz I still got PDat. Idk yet

Aug 19, 2010
Visit site
I believe it is because the OTA tries to run the update.zip file. Since you are rooted as I am (and I got the same response) you already have a update.zip file. I think we need to change the update.zip file just prior to loading the OTA. Just be careful. Confirm this with some others on here as I am still pretty new at this. Good luck!

Unknown User

Dec 25, 2009
Visit site
I'm running rooted Froyo 2.2 that I got from Froyo Overload Kernel version 2.6.32.9-P3Droidspierce@MyDroidWorld #59 and build number is voles-userdebug 2.2 FRFxx 33333 test-keys. Will the Peter Alfonso patch resolve the update alerts on my rooted version of 2.2?

Unknown User

Dec 25, 2009
Visit site
as far as I'm aware, the patch only works with Bugless Beast v0.4, but if I'm wrong someone on the board will correct me

I figured, the message is really starting to get annoying, and there's only so many times I can say upgrade later before I snap. I guess I can try and move over the the Bugles Beast v0.4 version of Froyo

Dirrk

Jul 25, 2010
Visit site
I just hit install... it rebooted and started to load, but 30 sec later it stopped going to a ! in a triangle... and i then rebooted my phone and no issues..

If your phone is rooted then that is the easiest way to get rid of the notification. You could go in and manually delete the update stuff like petes script does but you might as well just do it the easier way.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol