3G and WiFi Reconnect Issue

dcreed

May 26, 2010
www.acrobotica.com
I'm having a WiFi issue. Droid v1 with Android 2.2 (forced as OTA is a myth). Problem was happening with Android 2.1, too.

I live out in the country where Verizon's "people" don't seem to show up much. I get a 3G signal in some areas of my house, not in others...most of the house is in the "not" column, particularly my basement office.

Got a WiFi AP (WPA) in the office, signal pretty good everywhere in the house.

So, of course, setup with my Droid to remember this AP. Anytime I get the barest hint of a 3G signal, WiFi is disconnected, as I suspect is by design. That's fine. However, when the winds blow differently and 3G isn't available, my Droid doesn't automatically reconnect to WiFi. I need to either turn WiFi off and back on or use WiFi Analyzer and manually connect.

As mentioned, this happened before sidegrading to Android 2.2, so I don't think I can blame it on yogurt. Anyone got ideas of what I'm doing wrong?

abrown00

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
I have a similar issue, but have the EVO. I am beginning to suspect my router (Linksys WRT54G) or the Airave. Do you have either of these devices?

dcreed

May 26, 2010
www.acrobotica.com
I have a similar issue, but have the EVO. I am beginning to suspect my router (Linksys WRT54G) or the Airave. Do you have either of these devices?

Same router. Hmmm. It's setup to broadcast SSID, and the Droid sees it just fine...just needs a kick in the right direction sometimes.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc