Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Dell opens online store. Droid 119.99

Just got a email from Dell directing me to there new online store. They are offering the Droid for $119.99 for both new customers and current customers upgrading. Here is the link.

Global Posts
    207 Global Posts

Oh it's the HTC Droid Eris, not the Motorola Droid.

Try that one, it is the moto droid.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Quote Originally Posted by jlye834 View Post
    Oh it's the HTC Droid Eris, not the Motorola Droid.
    Sorry link shows Droid Eris for 49.99 here is the correct link.

sweet deal...

hmmm... now let's see if I can get Best Buy to price match that...

Global Posts
    60 Global Posts

I wonder if they have a different retail price.
    Roy Aguilera

That is a great price.

Ouch! That hurts.

I just tried to order through that site. Got all the way through the process, got my order number and everything, but at the end I asked if the order would still go through if I was eligible only for the promo early upgrade. (I bought the Storm the day it was released last year, so it's been just under a year since I've had it)

They said it would go through if they got the OK from Verizon's part of it, and they put me through and I talked with Verizon who said that I am only eligible for upgrade if I buy from them. Buying from third party places wouldn't work.... So, if you're in the same boat, unfortunately, you can't order from them! >: /

Global Posts
    105 Global Posts
    ROM
    STOCK

Ive bought my phone rom Best BUy last week at $199.99. I called and they said they would not price match online retailers.

Would I have to totally cancel my NEW verizon account, and be phoneless for a couple days while I wait for the new phone via Dell, should I order? Does anyone have any other ideas or suggestions?

Quote Originally Posted by ClickClack911 View Post
    I just tried to order through that site. Got all the way through the process, got my order number and everything, but at the end I asked if the order would still go through if I was eligible only for the promo early upgrade. (I bought the Storm the day it was released last year, so it's been just under a year since I've had it)

They said it would go through if they got the OK from Verizon's part of it, and they put me through and I talked with Verizon who said that I am only eligible for upgrade if I buy from them. Buying from third party places wouldn't work.... So, if you're in the same boat, unfortunately, you can't order from them! >: /
    Sorry to hear that...

As an update for me, I just got back from Best Buy and they price matched the two Droids I got from them a couple of days ago... sweet.

Global Posts
    105 Global Posts
    ROM
    STOCK

What did they price match it to?

the Dell price of $119.99... did I post in the correct thread?

Global Posts
    105 Global Posts
    ROM
    STOCK

Sure did, I know there were some other possible prices. Where do you live, were they pretty easy. I called and they said NO to anything online
    Thanked by:

I live near Rochester Minnesota so that's the Best Buy I went to... I printed off the page and ran over to their wireless counter. The manager took one look at the print off and said, "Yep, we'll match that".

I figured if they didn't I'd just buy from Dell and return the Best Buy phones I got anyway so I guess they wanted my money.

What other prices are there... are there better deals I can maybe score??

Quote Originally Posted by teknomedic View Post
    What other prices are there... are there better deals I can maybe score??
    If you got it for $119 you got a fabulous deal. I doubt you'll do better.

I agree, $119.99 is a pretty sweet deal and certainly not a price I expected to pay this soon after release. I thought the $149.99 I first paid was pretty good... and if you add in the fact that Best Buy allowed us that price on two phones, it's just stellar.

For anyone buying the Droid though I'd make sure you're OK with the battery cover tightness. My first phone (and my wife's current phone) had/have very hard to open battery covers (they way I like it), but on my second phone (did an exchange due to a faulty phone speaker) the battery cover was VERY easy to open and would fall off during calls or in my pocket. I just exchanged out for 3rd phone and the Best Buy rep was kind enough to open all their Droid boxes in search of another tight battery cover... 98% of them as very easy to open covers so be sure you test that out and are OK with it before you have them activate the phone.

...and just to be clear, it wasn't really an issue with the cover itself, but the "latches" that are inside the phone as I tried my wife's cover on my phone before the exchange and it was just as loose.

Just a tip.
    Last edited by teknomedic; 11-20-2009 at 01:39 PM.

Global Posts
    105 Global Posts
    ROM
    STOCK

**UPDATE**

After initially denying me a Price Match, Best Buy has give me the difference of $80 to match the Dell $119 price. What a deal! They even gave me cash!

Quote Originally Posted by kinglord View Post
    **UPDATE**

After initially denying me a Price Match, Best Buy has give me the difference of $80 to match the Dell $119 price. What a deal! They even gave me cash!
    Glad to hear it, they really don't have any reason not too... do they want our money or not? We can just as easily buy from Dell.

Is there any price discounting for people who upgraded an existing Verizon account? I paid the $199 for the 2 Yr Upgrade pricing. Thanks.

Global Posts
    60 Global Posts

Christopher : I don't think so. Once bought you can't really do much. You can return it if withing 30 days.

Hmmm, I see on Wirefly that they are offering it for $149 with 2 Yr Upgrade. I think I'll at least take it in and see what I can get them to do. Can't hurt. Best Buy website says they will not match online retailers, but it sounds like some people are getting it done.

Global Posts
    105 Global Posts
    ROM
    STOCK

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher View Post
    Best Buy website says they will not match online retailers, but it sounds like some people are getting it done.
    I called 3 times, and everytime they said they wont match online retailers. call and ask to be connected to the Mobile Department, they are the ones that price matched it for me!

Good Luck
  24. Thread Author  Thread Author    #24  

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher View Post
    Is there any price discounting for people who upgraded an existing Verizon account? I paid the $199 for the 2 Yr Upgrade pricing. Thanks.

According to the website you can get the $119.99 price for existing Verizon customers however if you have the new ever two upgrade you will not get the extra $50 or $100 off the phone.

Here's what I can say on the subject...

You should be able to get this price for BOTH being a new customer OR being a current customer and doing the 2yr contract. There's a link above the Dell deal that allows you to switch "what the deal says" (it's just below where you can edit the zip code)... here's the Dell link again...

As for me, I am/was a current Verizon customer (got moved over from Alltel) and was told I was doing the "new every two" from the Best Buy reps I delt with. I'm not sure how true this was since I had completed my last 24 month contract by 2 months ago.

When I first bought the 2 (two) Droids at Best Buy they price matched both phones with the $149.99 Verizon deal for exsisting customers here:

After that I found this thread and printed off the ad at Dell (I changed my zip to show it was for the city my Best Buy was in and I also made sure to pick the correct "exsisting customer" vs the "new customer" deal to again help my odds of getting them to price match.

When I went to Best Buy, I skipped the whole "customer service desk" thing and went directly to the wireless counter (where they sell the phones) and spoke with the supervisor there. Both times I had a different supervisor and both times they price matched without any hassle (first the Verizon $149.99 price and then again for the Dell $119.99 price). I understand why they don't normally price match online prices, but here you're still signing a two year contract and that's what they're really after. If Best Buy wants your money and the bonus for signing up a customer (I assume they get something) then they'll do the price match.

I guess I fail to see why a "new every two" person can't get this price unless you're trying to do an early upgrade, but if you're "eligible" for an early upgrade then I fail to why they wouldn't allow it.

I think the key here might be to avoid using Dell or Verizoin directly and play the Best Buy price match game to get the phones and have them activated to your account.

Hope this info helps in some way.
    Last edited by teknomedic; 11-21-2009 at 07:24 AM.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast