1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default for everyone that wants flash on there droid here you go

i truly had no idea that there were people with 2.2 on there droids that didnt have flash i got this about 30 secs after i did my manual update.. the day the manual update was released

hit the thanks button if it works/worked for you
    Last edited by abocornwall; 08-22-2010 at 08:11 PM.

After DL the apk, where does it go after connecting the Droid to my computer? Is there a specific folder it should go into?

Quote Originally Posted by sanfaz View Post
    After DL the apk, where does it go after connecting the Droid to my computer? Is there a specific folder it should go into?
    i don't believe it particularly matters
    Thanked by:

this is still just the beta right?

Global Posts
    974 Global Posts

Go to that link on your phone and do the download. It will ask if you want to install, it does, and you're done!
    Thanked by:

I just did it, and it worked fine. Lookout declared it safe (I don't think that is very reassuring though...). Went to a flash player site to verify it installed and worked successfully and the site reads that I have Flash player version 10.1.72 installed! Worked like a charm. Thanks abocornwall!!! ^_^
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

it doesnt matter where it is on your phone its an apk just use a file browser to find it and and click on it it will install it

Quote Originally Posted by rentalmetard5 View Post
    I just did it, and it worked fine. Lookout declared it safe (I don't think that is very reassuring though...). Went to a flash player site to verify it installed and worked successfully and the site reads that I have Flash player version 10.1.72 installed! Worked like a charm. Thanks abocornwall!!! ^_^
    Could you walk me through the process to very Flash is installed? Thanks

works great..

what I did was download to my computer, then copied it to my phone via the USB cable, after copy, in the pull down notifications, it says file was copied, click on it and it willinstall for you, then reboot phone
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

Ok so here's a guide
    step 1. use this link on your phone

step 2. in your notification bar it shows the download, its an arrow pointed down with a line under it, let that finish downloading. when its finished

step 3. pull down you notification bar click on the downloaded file and click install

step 4. if you don' already have (unknown sources) enabled then, go to your home screens press menu click on settings go to applications and check (unknown sources)

(Home>menu>settings>applications>unknown sources)

If you don't know what unknown sources is then, it allows you to install apps not in the market.
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  

Quote Originally Posted by jmack356 View Post
    this is still just the beta right?
    i believe so, but it works with everything i've tried it on so far so no worries.

Thanks, this is definitely good stuff. Installed, working, and happy with it on my phone.

It shows up in the market for me using Chevy's Simply Stunning 4.7
  14. Thread Author  Thread Author    #14  

Quote Originally Posted by PJnc284 View Post
    It shows up in the market for me using Chevy's Simply Stunning 4.7
    yeah but only if your rooted and only with some roms

So has there been any OTA updates with flash or do you have to do the APK

ROM
    Jelly Bean/ Thors ICS

Quote Originally Posted by mbaverizon View Post
    So has there been any OTA updates with flash or do you have to do the APK
    You can get it from the market now.

Quote Originally Posted by scarryman04 View Post
    You can get it from the market now.
    thats good to know thank you

ROM
    Jelly Bean/ Thors ICS

Yeah, this was posted before it was officially available.

Global Posts
    137 Global Posts

Does this Flash work on 2.2.1?
    My wife has the LG Optimus S that has 2.2.1 and the Flash option does not show in the market. I thought it worked for 2.2 and up or something?

ROM
    Jelly Bean/ Thors ICS

yes it works with 2.2.1, its not a option in the market its a app...search flash player and you'll find it.
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    137 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by scarryman04 View Post
    yes it works with 2.2.1, its not a option in the market its a app...search flash player and you'll find it.
    I am thinking it does not work on this particular phone though....asking my wife to look in the market now. The internal memory is so limited, she has to move crap around all of the time.

ROM
    Jelly Bean/ Thors ICS

Its a huge app too...almost 12mb I don't think I have used it once since I've had it, pretty much useless for me.
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    137 Global Posts

Right on. There was some app she wanted and it told her she needed flash for it. Flash player is not listed for her in the market. Guess it does not work on her phone anyway. Thanks scarryman04.

ROM
    Jelly Bean/ Thors ICS

Quote Originally Posted by Shineon View Post
    Right on. There was some app she wanted and it told her she needed flash for it. Flash player is not listed for her in the market. Guess it does not work on her phone anyway. Thanks scarryman04.
    Yeah adobe doesn't support Armv6 cpu's...I just found that out