Adjusting the Camera on 2.2

mscalero

Jan 28, 2010
Visit site
Just wondering if anyone found a way to access the setting from 5M, 3M, or 1M on the camera for the Droid after the 2.2 update?

I used to take pictures with it set at 3M, and the pictures were a little smaller in file size. Now on Froyo I don't see a way to toggle that setting any longer.

M

Ratchet

Jan 14, 2010
Visit site
Good question. I haven't really felt the need to edit any camera settings after the 2.2 update, but I can't seem to find them either.

seanubis

Feb 8, 2010
Visit site
You're right... it's not in any of the on-screen icons, and it's not in the menu. I wonder why they decided to take that setting away?

colleen34

Mar 24, 2010
Visit site
scroll down on the settings menu in the camera. its there.

open camera, go to settings and scroll that menu down about 2/3 and you should see it.

mscalero

Jan 28, 2010
Visit site
It's also annyoing. Now all of the pictures I take are about 1MB which is fine if the MMS limit through carriers wasn't 350KB. If everyone had a smartphone, pushing pictures around at 1MB would be easy...

I'd just rather the pictures save in a smaller file fize, even if it means sacraficing a little quality.

I hope there is an app that can do it, or something... hmm.

seanubis

Feb 8, 2010
Visit site
scroll down on the settings menu in the camera. its there.

open camera, go to settings and scroll that menu down about 2/3 and you should see it.

Aha! Nice find - that little scroll bar fades away quickly, so it's not readily apparent that the settings popup is scrollable:

F86z1.jpg

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lindagibney