touch screen spazzes out when using generic charger

Tengoku

Nov 10, 2009
Visit site
I just noticed that when I'm utilizing a charger I bought from ebay and using the phone.. the touch screen doesn't function correctly.. it doesn't read touch input correctly but just spazzes out...

Does anyone else notice this??

Jeremy

Original Member
Oct 24, 2008
Visit site
I would avoid any of the cheap accessories that are out there on eBay. With the regular charger you do not get this behavior? If this is correct throw that other charger away...

pjursta

Nov 20, 2009
Visit site
Happened to me last night as well with a generic. Fortunately, it doesn't seem to have affected my Droid. Ordered a Motorola OEM this morning....live and learn I guess...

Last edited:

baycruisers

Oct 29, 2009
Visit site
I just wrote in another thread about my experience with a non-name third party charger that I got lord knows where. It wouldn't charge my Droid, which didn't seem to recognize it, but charged my Blackberry without difficulty. I'm tossing it.

teknomedic

Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
hmm... I've been using a non-oem charger, but I guess I haven't tested the touch screen... I'll have to keep an eye on that.

Thanks for the heads up.

Thoraldus

Nov 21, 2009
Visit site
I just noticed that when I'm utilizing a charger I bought from ebay and using the phone.. the touch screen doesn't function correctly.. it doesn't read touch input correctly but just spazzes out...

Mine does it with the OEM charger from Motorola when the charge is complete. This would indicate to me that it is a voltage issue. Voltage is highest when the charge completes.

Will look into this a bit more.

Rick

Thoraldus

Nov 21, 2009
Visit site

Mine does it with the OEM charger from Motorola when the charge is complete. This would indicate to me that it is a voltage issue. Voltage is highest when the charge completes.

Rick

jdella681

Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
I'm currently using my storm's old charger.. I get the same problem too. It has the same power rating but the milli amps are a lil lower so it won't charge as fast.. I think the screen does that bc of the lower amp rating..

Thoraldus

Nov 21, 2009
Visit site

Rick

Just checked with battery at 50%. Got the screen jitter with the Motorola OEM charger. Problem goes away with charger removed.

Rick

skitbraviking

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Same here. The cheap-o charger did it again. The funny thing is that Verizon just swapped mine out, not knowing that it was the charger.

On a side note, my Kindle charger works fine.

TKNOVA

Nov 10, 2009
Visit site
I had a similar experience. It did not happen all of the time, but it did happen on some occassions. It may be my imagination but the generic charger seems to charge slower than the one that came in the box. The car charger that I got from the same company as the spare wall charger has not had a problem.

baycruisers

Oct 29, 2009
Visit site
I had a similar experience. It did not happen all of the time, but it did happen on some occassions. It may be my imagination but the generic charger seems to charge slower than the one that came in the box. The car charger that I got from the same company as the spare wall charger has not had a problem.

All chargers are not created equal. I had a combo wall/12V charger that I recently took on a trip to charge my Blackberry (my pre-Droid phone.) It just couldn't charge my BB more that 95% no matter how long the phone was connected. I don't remember where or when I got it but I tossed it.

Kaus

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
Motorola's are finicky about chargers. You'll find they don't like LG chargers either, in fact with the exception of BB chargers generally Motorola phones wont charge off other Micro chargers not made by them. Including older Mot chargers, it the weirdest thing because no other manufacturer is like that. At least that has been my experience at my store. (Corp VZW_

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
axool