1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    105 Global Posts
    ROM
    STOCK

Default Computer Sync?

Its possible I jus thavnt looked hard enough, but is there a program that can sync your Droid with your Home Computer? Im thinking something along the lines of Desktop Manager for Blackberry, or itunes for iphone.

Anyone got anything at all?

You just haven't looked hard enough...a quick search of this site will find that most people are using either Double Twist or Motorola Media Link.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Global Posts
    105 Global Posts
    ROM
    STOCK

thank you sir,

however my computer doesnt seem to want to recognize my Droid, do I have to download any special drivers? Running Vista

I'm running Windows 7 64bit. Did you make sure you "mounted SD card" on the pull down notice tray? I know my PC won't "see" the Droid until I mount the SD card using the Droid's menu.

Just keep in mind that you'll only be accessing the SD card and not the Droid itself as I'm guessing that would require the special software you're talking about.

Global Posts
    60 Global Posts

On mac you could use 'Twist'

Quote Originally Posted by kinglord View Post
    thank you sir,

however my computer doesnt seem to want to recognize my Droid, do I have to download any special drivers? Running Vista
    Vista should recognize your Droid automatically. After you connect it to the PC you should get a tiny USB symbol in the Droid's notification bar at the top of the screen. Scroll down the notification screen and choose the "mount" option and Vista will recognize the Droid's SD card as a storage device.

I have been using Double Twist with a Mac. I can't get it to recognize my phone when I mount it. Anybody have any tips?

Global Posts
    758 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by skitbraviking View Post
    I have been using Double Twist with a Mac. I can't get it to recognize my phone when I mount it. Anybody have any tips?
    Give it a little bit to find it. I thought I was having the same issue but then after about 30 seconds the droid popped up. Remember you have to mount the SD card first.

On a side note, I've downloaded Double twist on my Mac & PC. First my PC started acting weird where when I typed facebook into my browser it went to myspace instead. Mind you this was a brand new PC with nothing besides firefox, itunes & double twist downloaded from the net on it. I uninstalled double twist and the problem went away. On my Mac the web browsing slowed down to a crawl after I installed double twist and went back to normal after I uninstalled.

I'm not saying for sure there is an issue with double twist but for some reason I had an issue with it on both of my laptops so just wanted to give a heads up.

Global Posts
    13 Global Posts

Mobisynapse is the one you need.

It offers apps, music, photos, SMS sync. It has backup and restore, file transfer, SMS/photo export feature as well.

Default Re: Computer Sync?

My wife has a Droid and I can't figure out how to get the pics off of the memory and to transfer music to the phone.

I Have a Samsung Galaxy S II and on my phone I select Settings > Wireless and Network > USB Utilituies and then a pop up comes up and asks if I want to connect to mass storage. I hit OK and then it is visible as an additional memory drive under My Computer on Windows. (Directions on Isyncr site.)

I can not find this on the Wireless and Network option in the menu. When I plug the USB cord into the phone it does not show up as a drive.

Any tips would be appreciated!

ROM
    Jelly Bean/ Thors ICS

Default Re: Computer Sync?

as soon as you plug it in to your pc there should be a notification in the pull down to connect to mass storage