Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Who NEVER uses the slide out keyboard?

I never use it. I find that I can fly in virtual landscape and do pretty good on portrait too. Not complaining cause I love this phone but if another came out with same features, OS 2.0 and better keyboard (Read: Motus) I would jump ship ASAP.

Hello MOTO.

Global Posts
    843 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

I'm the opposite, after the learning curve on using it, I find that I use it for long messages and the virtual keyboards for short typing

Global Posts
    323 Global Posts

I only use it for cut and paste.

Beeray

Maybe I'm just a '******,' but I didn't have a learning curve with the physical keyboard. I type with 99% accuracy on it via thumbs and have a hard a time with the virtual keyboard via my large clumsy thumbs.

Used it a couple of times just to try it but haven't since.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Quote Originally Posted by Schmoozer View Post
    Maybe I'm just a '******,' but I didn't have a learning curve with the physical keyboard. I type with 99% accuracy on it via thumbs and have a hard a time with the virtual keyboard via my large clumsy thumbs.
    so your a little '******' - no worries. Droid still loves you.

Quote Originally Posted by plifebryan View Post
    I never use it. I find that I can fly in virtual landscape and do pretty good on portrait too. Not complaining cause I love this phone but if another came out with same features, OS 2.0 and better keyboard (Read: Motus) I would jump ship ASAP.

Hello MOTO.
    HTC Passion/Dragon!

Quote Originally Posted by plifebryan View Post
    so your a little '******' - no worries. Droid still loves you.
    Me so small, so tiny, so shameful, you USA have big *****. I love southpark.
    Roy Aguilera

I used it once.

Never. Don't see the need. But I guess it's nice that it's there...
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    6,405 Global Posts
    ROM
    NOS M7 Sense 5.0

Sometimes I slide it open just to unlock the phone.

Slide out keyboard. What slide out keyboard? Just kidding. I tried it but haven't had a need for it.

Global Posts
    167 Global Posts

Its about 60/40 for me as I use the onscreen keyboard more, but the slider is very nice if I want to see more of the screen as i type....glad to have it.

i will type on the on screen kbd if either i am typing one handed or have something really short to say... but for an email.. i definitely go for the slide out...

I use the on screen for short text messages or emails. Other than that its slide out. I really don't use landscape virtual keyboard ever though. Autocorrect is nice but I'm still pretty BA overall with RH virtual keyboard.

I use the slide out keyboard all the time. Probably about 95% of the time. I have it slide open all the time when I'm using the browser using it as a grip to hold the phone.

I think I looked at mine once

Unless I use my thumbnails only, I always get multiple letters (adjacent keys) when I use the slide out kb. I downloaded a text editor to try and practice on the physical keyboard, and maybe eventually get it.

I started out using the virtual keyboard but I find it does not always register my key strokes. I find that to be a bit annoying because I want it to go as fast as I can. The only thing the slideout is missing is the auto correct and word options that I do not know why they didn't put in. I hope an app or patch will activate this feature as I am not the best speller.

Combo user here.. Virtual keyboard for shorter messages, physical keyboard if I'm really rolling with an email or a back and forth text conversation. (Wish everyone I knew had G Chat)!

i dont use it ,but its an option. its an option that the iphone doesnt have...droid does. lol

I've tried it out a couple times but that's about it. Not that I think it's a terrible keyboard or anything, I'm just really used to virtual keyboards so don't have much use for it.
    Roy Aguilera

IMHO its an awesome virtual keyboard.

I'm with the majority don't use the keyboard unless it happens to be a long email. I live in a virtual world most of the time anyway.

i use it mostly for editing stuff (move the cursor precisely, copy and paste and if i'm typing in an odd string of characters since then the autocorrect is disabled)

but i'd say for me 85% virtual 15% physical
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast