1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Ringer/notification volume randomly going to high?

Pardon me if this has been asked. I did do a search, but couldn't find it. My phone keeps turning the volume of the ringer and notifications (SMS, email) up all by itself. Yes, I promise it's not me pressing the side key! It's annoying and freaky. I tried rebooting it but it just restarted REALLY LOUDLY at maximum volume. Anyone know what's going on?

Thanks.

I use the FoxyRing (its made by the same dev as BeautifulWidgets)... it listens to the room and adjusts your volume up or down based on the ambient noise level. you can set the upper and lower levels...
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Thanks for the tip, but I literally just need it to stay on the setting I put it on. If I put it on vibe or silent, it stays like that for a few calls/messages, then rings again. Potentially a HUGE problem at work or in public.

Any advice, anyone??? Should I take it back? I love it other than this... and the random app opening and overly sensitive touch screen... haha. But coming from the Storm1, this phone seems assembled by god himself. Just need it to stop going from vibe to high volume at work!

Help!

Last November you posted about volume randomly going to full. A good friend of mine is having that problem as well. Sadly froyo didn't solve hers so she asked me for help.

Did you ever solve it? If not, maybe we can brainstorm between the two phones to see what they have in common.

My direct email is dan at dan-harmon dot com if you'd like to contact me directly.