Droid- How can I change font sizes? app? settings?

rick707

Nov 14, 2009
Visit site
I have a boss with the droid and with his BB tour, font sizes are obviously not a problem. Any good apps for increasing the font sizes of the phone numbers/emails/texts?

thanks guys :D

chrislitzkow

Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
Hi Rick, welcome! I haven't seen anything yet. I guess I'm glad that the Droid seems to be the perfect font size for what I'm looking for. Good luck with finding something that works for you. :)

rick707

Nov 14, 2009
Visit site
A free app called spare parts, but I'm not sure if it's 2.0 ready yet. See if it's in your market.

thank you for this. it does work but it doesn't save the font settings (as others in the comment section have noted). The good news is that its obviously possible its just not either installed or unlocked from the factory. I think this will eventually resolve itself but for now it looks like it doesn't exist :(

thanks for the help, if anyone else has anything, i'd appreciate it!

Jerry Hildenbrand

Space Cowboy
Staff member
Oct 11, 2009
Visit site
You're certainly welcome. My old eyes need bigger fonts, so that was one of the first things i sought out. Pity it's not fully 2.0 ready yet. Soon I'm sure.

Stang68

Mar 15, 2010
Visit site
I'm looking for something like this for my dad and Spare Parts only increases the font inside the app (which is kind of useless lol). Any other ideas to increase font for emails?

galavanter

Aug 19, 2010
Visit site
Old thread but let me reiterate that Spare Parts does not change font size anywhere but inside the app, which just means you can read the other settings options better. Useless is right. :)

Android, or should I say I, need font size adjustment in Email, Contacts, Calendar. I just can't read them comfortably. It's now a year later and the latest Gingerbread OS doesn't offer it either.

After trying out an Optimus S running Android 2.2.1 I'll be returning it and sticking to my BB for primarily this reason. The BB's system wide font size adjustment beats hell out of Android for anyone over 40. iPhone too.

The white text on black in the contacts is for kids too I guess. While email uses it for the subject and preview lines, at least when you open one it goes to black text on a white background.

Contacts stay in Darth Vader mode even when you open one. I couldn't believe it when I discovered the little document icon beside your notes in a contact. Press and hold it and your notes revert to black on white text, so you can read them! Lamest thing on Android imho.

papabear4jc

Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
Well i am not over 40 but i do have visual problems. I am legally blind. I had a BB storm in the past and i loved that you could change the font size, even though it didn't work in all the different apps. I love my android but i am seriously thinking about switching back to a BB.

trifecta#AC

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
Old thread but let me reiterate that Spare Parts does not change font size anywhere but inside the app, which just means you can read the other settings options better. Useless is right. :)

Android, or should I say I, need font size adjustment in Email, Contacts, Calendar. I just can't read them comfortably. It's now a year later and the latest Gingerbread OS doesn't offer it either.

After trying out an Optimus S running Android 2.2.1 I'll be returning it and sticking to my BB for primarily this reason. The BB's system wide font size adjustment beats hell out of Android for anyone over 40. iPhone too.

The white text on black in the contacts is for kids too I guess. While email uses it for the subject and preview lines, at least when you open one it goes to black text on a white background.

Contacts stay in Darth Vader mode even when you open one. I couldn't believe it when I discovered the little document icon beside your notes in a contact. Press and hold it and your notes revert to black on white text, so you can read them! Lamest thing on Android imho.

Maybe you need a more recent version, because I just installed this, maybe 10 minutes ago. My text/email font sizes are extremely small or extremely large, so these seem to respond to the settings in Spare Parts. /shrug

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy