Anyone else having too many issues

krafticus

Nov 18, 2009
Visit site
Let first start by saying, when the phone is working, it is amazing. Maybe i have a lemon, I don't know. 1st and foremost, I have had my phone 6 days. I bought the plastic holster to store the phone. In that six days, I have noticed the battery cover on the floor, on the seat, everywhere but the phone. Yesterday, it fell off somewhere and I cannot find it, so strike 1. Went to Verizon, and they don't carry battery door covers, so I had to order from Motorola and pay $15 for 1 day shipping.

Next, my phone seems to brick up all of the time. I downloaded a few apps, and nothing 3rd party. I'll get a text message and try to open Handcent, and the phone locks... then show handcent has failed, force close. The Android OS has failed, force close, then another app has failed, and need to force close. Wait about 6 minutes, and then it starts coming back to life.

Many times, the "buttons" are completely unresponsive, and sometimes it has a mind of its own, where it just starts opening apps, or scrolling up and down without me touching the screen.

I want to love this phone, I really do... but I could keep my storm and have these same frustrations.

Anyone else having these, or issues?

Mark

Gary007

Nov 21, 2009
Visit site
I'm on my 2nd Droid. The first one restarted itself a few times a day. The 2nd one is better, although, just this morning it restarted itself while checking my email. I've lost internet connection a few times, but nothing that *228 option 2 didn't solve. Love it, it's amazing, but still in my 30 trial period, hoping it works ok in the remaining trial period.

Edit: I've had no battery door issues, yet. I usually just keep it in my front pocket.

Last edited:

04redgto

Nov 7, 2009
Visit site
I've had mine since release, no force closes, no batterydoor issues at all. Love it! P.S. Most software you put on the phone is 3rd party software! Force closes from these apps arn't neccessarially the phones fault, but the developers!

gsontag

Nov 17, 2009
facebook.com
I have had a few issues. Gmail and facebook have been crap so far. but coming from a S1 i can say that even if Gmail and facebook stay like they are the droid would still be the best phone i have owned. I have not had any battery cover issues (knock on wood)

Adiliyo

Oct 17, 2009
Visit site
my battery door is solid, hasn't come off of its' own accord ever. i have no case and just keep it in my pocket.

i've had a few (maybe 5 since i bought the phone on the 6th) force closes, which i consider to be pretty normal, no OS is never going to have an app crash.

you probably should get a replacement or at least try a hard reset (wipe data) as your problems DON'T seem to be the norm.

this phone (for me) has been the most stable and solid phone i've owned in 3 years.

simp_10

Nov 7, 2009
Visit site
No battery issues but have had a few force closes....but as someone already said this is most likely due to the apps not being ready for 2.0. This phone and operating system have been the most stable I've had. I could only imagine using my old blackberry on a brand new platform....

Chris Kerrigan

Nov 16, 2009
Visit site
I haven't had any major issues either knock on wood. No battery door issues either, as some have reported. I have had to force close an app once or twice, but as someone stated before I would imagine that is more of an issue with the app itself and not the OS or the phone. Overall I have 100% satisfied :D

d1pham

Nov 16, 2009
Visit site
No problems here. I'm on my second phone because there was a dead pixel on the first unit. Try doing a complete wipe on the phone for the force close issues. As for the battery cover I don't have a problem with mine because I use a full body case.

devarshi

Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
I was having daily restarts (hello Storm1) until I uninstalled advanced app killer. Haven't had any in the week since. I have had a bunch of force closes and I've had to clear my browser cache a couple times. On balance though, the phone is still much better than either of the blackberries I had.

Thoraldus

Nov 21, 2009
Visit site
Let first start by saying, when the phone is working, it is amazing. Maybe i have a lemon, I don't know. 1st and foremost, I have had my phone 6 days. I bought the plastic holster to store the phone. In that six days, I have noticed the battery cover on the floor, on the seat, everywhere but the phone. Yesterday, it fell off somewhere and I cannot find it, so strike 1. Went to Verizon, and they don't carry battery door covers, so I had to order from Motorola and pay $15 for 1 day shipping.

Next, my phone seems to brick up all of the time. I downloaded a few apps, and nothing 3rd party. I'll get a text message and try to open Handcent, and the phone locks... then show handcent has failed, force close. The Android OS has failed, force close, then another app has failed, and need to force close. Wait about 6 minutes, and then it starts coming back to life.

Many times, the "buttons" are completely unresponsive, and sometimes it has a mind of its own, where it just starts opening apps, or scrolling up and down without me touching the screen.

I want to love this phone, I really do... but I could keep my storm and have these same frustrations.

Anyone else having these, or issues?

Mark

I was having daily restarts (hello Storm1) until I uninstalled advanced app killer. Haven't had any in the week since. I have had a bunch of force closes and I've had to clear my browser cache a couple times. On balance though, the phone is still much better than either of the blackberries I had.

Since I removed Handcent and Advanced App Killer and did a hard reset on the phone I have not had it go catatonic on me. Re: door, I called Motorola support and they're sending me a replacement ... free with free shipping!

Rick

krafticus

Nov 18, 2009
Visit site
Thanks all,
I guess I should have waited and read the responses first. I ordered 2 battery cover replacements with express shipping, costing me $36.00. ah well, live and learn. It seemed Handcent and Find my Phone were the 2 apps giving me a headache. An update was just pushed for handcent, and it seems to be running a little better.

Not really sure if there is any advantages to Handcent over the delivered messenger, but if it doesn't wig-out, I will keep it.

Thanks all.

Mark

Dukins

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
Yea whenever you need updates it will completely flubb up your phone so make sure to go straight to the market if your phone is having problems because more likely than not its just an update issue with an app.