Amazon Droid Blowout: How and Why?

PGHammer

Jul 22, 2010
Visit site
For some reason, Amazon is blowing out original Motorola Droid cell phones for $19.99USD (two year contract, naturally with VZW). Now, I have nothing against VZW (they are, in fact, my wireless provider of choice); however, that is a *massive* undercut (not merely vs. VZW's own online store, but the same online store's price on the LG Ally, their cheapest Android phone). Did Amazon make some sort of buyout deal with VZW for unsold Droid phones?

YourMobileGuru

Formerly VZWRocks
Feb 25, 2010
Visit site
For some reason, Amazon is blowing out original Motorola Droid cell phones for $19.99USD (two year contract, naturally with VZW). Now, I have nothing against VZW (they are, in fact, my wireless provider of choice); however, that is a *massive* undercut (not merely vs. VZW's own online store, but the same online store's price on the LG Ally, their cheapest Android phone). Did Amazon make some sort of buyout deal with VZW for unsold Droid phones?

Why is this any different than them selling the various Samsung Galaxy phones for a penny? It doesn't matter, Verizon/Moto still get paid, Amazon/Wirefly are just taking a loss now and making it up over the next two years on thir commission on the plan and data plan. Trust me they are all doing just fine.

takeshi

Jan 27, 2010
Visit site
Resellers frequently undercut the carriers on handset pricing. This isn't the first time the Droid has been available for that price. The pricing doesn't mean that Amazon has any sort of special buyout deal with VZW.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae