Is this phone junk?

skitbraviking

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
I love my Droid. It has been glitchy but all new devices are glitchy. My iPhone after a year and a half got to be more glitchy as a matter of fact. I don't know if I would take on an iPhone if it did come to Verizon.

mclarryjr

Retired Moderator
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
Overall this is a very good phone a few problems (face book) but no phone will be perfect. This is the best phone I've owned to date and plan on keeping it for awhile.

JGR4444

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
im surprised your title of this thread has not gotten you kicked off here yet, it if hasnt already....

sorry your not happy with your phone but this is the best phone i have ever owned and i know there are a handful of people here that can say the same thing... go talk to verizon about a replacement or quit bi***in about it... just dont dump crap threads like this on a perfectly good forum about a perfectly good phone

R

Roy Aguilera

Understanding that threads like this upset most. Yet lets not turn this into a CB replica forum. Some replies have been pretty brutal. Carry on.
Droid?

Jeremy

Original Member
Oct 24, 2008
Visit site
im surprised your title of this thread has not gotten you kicked off here yet, it if hasnt already....

sorry your not happy with your phone but this is the best phone i have ever owned and i know there are a handful of people here that can say the same thing... go talk to verizon about a replacement or quit bi***in about it... just dont dump crap threads like this on a perfectly good forum about a perfectly good phone

I would never kick out anyone for their opinion alone. I think threads like this are good in a way. It makes the community stronger. :cool:

DougFNJ

Nov 4, 2009
Visit site
Looking at Storm 1 and 2 threads over at Crackberry vs what you see in here, I would say the positives of this phone FAR outweigh the negatives.

With any production of a phone you are going to have some problems. You will tend to hear more from those with problems than those that are satisfied and very happy with their phones.

I have had a couple small problems that Verizon was more than happy to help me with. Thus far this is the best phone I have ever owned. I was hesitant leaving Blackberry until I learned how to use this OS Barring a HUGE update to an ancient OS Blackberry Platform including their latest 5.0, I don't see myself going back anytime soon. I see this OS only getting better than it already is.

Sorry to hear you feel this is junk, hope you find what you are looking for.

D-LuX

Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
I still love mine... besides the battery door sometimes slipping off in my pocket, or occasional SMS reboots... This phones problems are nothing compared the last 6 Blackberries i've owned including storm 1 and 2...

Chris Kerrigan

Nov 16, 2009
Visit site
I was just curious as to how the Storm2 was doing so I decided to head over to the CrackBerry forums and check out the Storm2 forum. After about a minute of quick browsing I can honestly say that I made the right decision in not going with the Storm2 from my original Storm. As DougFNJ pointed out, the Droid is not without it's bugs and minor issues, but they are minute compared to some of the issues that are still plaguing the very dated BlackBerry OS.

I am sorry to hear about your issues, and I really hope you can find what you are looking for.

simp_10

Nov 7, 2009
Visit site
Great phone (build and functionality)....I think most of issues I've had were likely due to the apps downloaded not being updated for 2.0.

This is my first android phone but I too feel its the best phone I have ever owned....can't wait to see what phones will do in the coming years....

thebizz

phone addict
Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
I would say this phone is great sorry you have a bad experience try and wipe it or get a replacement or get a storm 2. But from coming from a pre and storm this is the best I've owned

Chris Kerrigan

Nov 16, 2009
Visit site
I would say this phone is great sorry you have a bad experience try and wipe it or get a replacement or get a storm 2. But from coming from a pre and storm this is the best I've owned

Sorry to kinda go off topic but bizz, how was the switch from the Pre? I don't know anyone who has owned one so I'm curious :)

stfd1249

Nov 15, 2009
Visit site
Thinking of going to the dorid from the Pre. Mostly all people in this forum are really happy with the Dorid, this will weigh on my choice! Thanks to all for posting your thoughts!!

nickf126

Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
I have had my Droid for less than 24 hours, but I am already in love. It has worked great for me so far with no issues. I love the screen and how you can customize just about everything on the phone. My only little gripe is that the micro-usb plug that is used to attach to a computer or for charging is new to me, so I have to buy a few. I think it is solid great phone, and I love it.

R

Roy Aguilera

The phone is awesome I think most issues are user error. Its part of the learning curve.

Jeremy

Original Member
Oct 24, 2008
Visit site
The phone is awesome I think most issues are user error. Its part of the learning curve.

I really feel this way as well. I know a few people who have come over from Windows Mobile or BlackBerry and are having issues learning something new like Android. Constantly complaining but all I can really do is tell them to tough it out and stick with it :eek: