Groups in contacts

Tmak04

Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
can someone help me make a group in contacts... I want to send a mass text but i dont want to add people eachtime is there a way?

anthonyzul

Dec 27, 2009
Visit site
Yeah I have several groups set up in my contacts through Gmail, but I have never been able to use them in Android. Seems like an obvious thing to overlook, but I don't think it is possible. At least not without a 3rd party app.

Adawg1203

Jan 30, 2010
Visit site
If you download HANDCENT from the apps market it will allow you to send group texts that you build in your gmail account. Works great.

Melissa

Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
I'd like to know why in the heck they over looked something as simple as making groups. It has directions in the manula, but they don't work! That should have been a no brainer. I am disappointed that you cant do it too!

scarryman04

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
In your display options there is a setting to display groups, click on your google account and there are System Group: My Contacts, Friends, Family, CoWorkers, Starred in Android and All Other Contacts you can choose from. I don't exactly know what this does because I don't have any groups in my gmail account, but you could give it a try.

Melissa

Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
I'd like to know why in the heck they over looked something as simple as making groups. It has directions in the manula, but they don't work! That should have been a no brainer. I am disappointed that you cant do it too!
Ok...after scouring that damn manual for an answer and found none and getting really frustrated over this not being able to create a group thing I ended up with an app to create groups. I still cant believe Samsung didnt make this an easy option. Big BOOOOOOO for them on that.