Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By jconn
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default New Smartphone user

I'm getting ready to upgrade to a smartphone, and was planning to go to a BB. The release of the DROID changed my mind. My question is how easy is it to learn how to use the DROID.

Global Posts
    2,960 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Stock Root

Im not going to lie. It was a steep learning curve for me. I came from a storm which was my first smartphone and I was so used to it that it was hard to grasp the droid. It should be much better for you since this is your first smarphone. Its basically like learning a new OS. I pretty much have it down now. The best thing to do is to read the tips, tricks, and faqs.

I also think its quite a learning curve. This is my 4th smartphone and I'm still learning things I didnt think were possible. But with that said, the customization this phone allows is outstanding and well worth the effort to get to know it.

your already starting to beat the learning curve. Read up as much as you can and it will make things much better.

Global Posts
    404 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Stock 4.2.2 GS4

My fiance went from an LG Env3 and she pretty much got it down in a couple of days and now she loves it! Lol.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Thanks for all your comments, one other thing. I've gotten my other phones through the mail (purched over the phone with Verizon). Do any of you think that would be a problem if I had to make a return.
    dkhmwilliams likes this.

Global Posts
    404 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Stock 4.2.2 GS4

Quote Originally Posted by jconn View Post
    Thanks for all your comments, one other thing. I've gotten my other phones through the mail (purched over the phone with Verizon). Do any of you think that would be a problem if I had to make a return.
    It shouldn't be a problem at all actually.

Global Posts
    207 Global Posts

Just one tip for the Droid. If you feel like an option to do something (ie save a picture) is missing because you don't see it on the screen, try the menu button and/or a long press. Most of my questions I answered myself just by playing around with it!

Also remember that many features can be added or removed since most of it is software controlled and made to be highly customizable