Sync RealPlayer SP and Moto Droid

Hardcase

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
Real claims that you can do it. I can't for the life of me figure out how. RealPlayer SP (yes, it's the latest version) simply does not recognize my mounted Droid as a mass storage device. It recognizes my jump drive and my old Palm Centro. But, no luck with the Droid.

Has anyone got it to work? I'm desperate.

Before you ask, I've tried other media transfer programs. DoubleTwist simply does not work. It takes forever to scan media and then locks up during the file transfers.

Motorola Media Link crashes on every sync.

Missing Sync could never complete a sync without problems.

I tunes agent transfers the playlists but not the files. In fact, it deleted all of my music on my Droid the first attempt to sync.

Why is this so damn difficult to have a program that actually works to transfer music to the Droid?

I've worked through the help desks, discussion forums for the various software, etc. to no avail. This discussion forum is my last refuge.

thebizz

phone addict
Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
Drag and drop will work to get files onto it. I use media player to sync my music haven't found a good one for videos

Hardcase

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
Drag and drop will work to get files onto it. I use media player to sync my music haven't found a good one for videos

Drag and drop is an inelegant solution. I have several podcasts that update daily and don't want to have to remember where they are, drag them over, remove them, etc. I want to push a button and have them synchronize.

Motorola Media Link was the best for this, but it quit working on my computer after the last update. Now it crashes every time. RealPlayer promises synchronization.

I'm giving Windows Media Player a shot, now. But, it doesn't allow you to uncheck items like I-tunes. More of a shotgun approach. You can create auto playlists.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol