Getting the Droid Tomorrow! :). A few questions :)
Hey guys I'm sure these answers are here somewhere but they are hard to find.
Coming from a Storm 1! Can't wait to get this thing!
1. What are my choices for on screen keyboard hacks/apps, that change the virtual keyboard? Which ones are your favorites?
2. What cases have you all found to work great? Not really looking for a side pouch or clip on case. The Otterbox commuter worked really well on my storm. Think itll come out for the droid?
3. Ok, I know at the beginning you enter your Google account info. I would be entering my gmail address. However, I do not want to use my gmail address's address for my youtube. I'd like to use my non-google linked youtube username and password. Is it possible to do this, and keep your youtube info saved in the app or can you not?
Sorry that question might be confusing.
4. What are my options on themes? Are they downloadable via the market? which are your favorites?
Ill be active here
- 11-23-2009, 10:41 PM #2
- 832 Posts
alot of themes rollin around....have to download a different home tho. dont think otterbox will come out with anything,no way to make it work on droid.ive found the best way to keep the droid id naked.i bought a verizon case but didnt like it, too bulky. why would u want to change the keyboard? this keyboard is sweet. i made the change about 2 weeks ago from the s1. u wont believe it. unbelievable. good luck with urs. u will be going thru the market for a few days. have fun.
- 11-23-2009, 10:43 PM #3
- 343 Posts
- Change too often.
You can use a different account for youtube than the account you use for setup, I am doing that now.
Check out the apps section of the forum, plenty of recommendations. I will say dxtop is a must and there are plenty of threads on what it does and screenshots.
Enjoy the Droid!
- 11-23-2009, 10:46 PM #5
As far as I know there will be no otterbox case for the droid.
- 11-23-2009, 10:50 PM #6
- 11-23-2009, 11:28 PM #7Retired Moderator
- 5,714 Posts
- NOS M7 Sense 5.0
The virtual keyboard is real nice you wont want to change it but you may want to look at the physical keyboard. There is an application you can download that will fix the auto correct issue on the physical keyboard that works good but screws up the virtual one so you need to keep changing it depending on which one your using. You will love your new Droid and welcome to the forums.
- 11-24-2009, 10:46 AM #9
- 11-24-2009, 11:27 AM #10
- 11-24-2009, 02:10 PM #11
- 84 Posts
I actually just got my Droid on Sunday ... and I too came from Storm 1. Its an amazing difference, although there are things I will miss.
The marketplace has a ton of keyboard hacks and themes but I haven't even stepped into them yet but I do have dxTop which lets you have 4 screens (instead of 3) and some other features.
As for #3, yeah you can do that with youtube because thats what I did and even have a widget you can put on the screen.