Warranty Upgrade?

MedlongOne

Dec 27, 2009
Visit site
With me they offered at first but were out of stock. That was 2 days ago. I asked for the D2 today and they agreed to send it to me. I jokingly asked for the X and they agreed to send me that instead.
The tech reps are outstanding. The supervisors are as well. That's how I was able to get the D1 in the first place (converted from a BB Tour)

stillpwning

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
Thought I'd give a small update on my next refurb...

Got it today. Opened the box, screen looks fine, flip it over and find a smashed camera. Literally, the camera was just destroyed. I seriously doubt it happened during shipping, but rather wherever VZW tests these devices at.

4th and final device coming tomorrow. If it's defective I don't know what I'll do anymore lol. Seriously disappointed though.

dubge

Dec 21, 2009
Visit site
4th and final device coming tomorrow. If it's defective I don't know what I'll do anymore lol. Seriously disappointed though.

I know what you will do.....call for another one :) but this time push for another phone due to the crappy ones you have been getting.

stillpwning

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
I did order another (radio connections are dead on the replacement phone), but they offered another device - refurb Droid 2. Skeptical on getting it, but I'm sick of the defective Droid 1's. Delivers on Wednesday, so we'll see.

Here's a timeline if you're interested though:
1st replacement: Dead spots on the phone
2nd replacement: Phone wouldn't power past the Moto logo
3rd replacement: Smashed camera
4th replacement: Radio connections were nonexistent(?)
5th replacement: Inbound Droid 2; really crossing my fingers for this one

Polymira

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
A month and 1/2 ago I had my Droid swapped out under warranty because my headphone jack got really loose. The replacement "like new" Droid I received was perfect except that the notification LED didn't work at all (re-flashed firmware, tried custom roms, etc... never flashed once). Called Verizon a couple weeks ago about it ... call took 3min. Brand new Droid 2 showed up the following Monday with a letter apologizing.

However, reading various forums it looks like for a few days some of us were receiving D2's, and lately it's been a mix. However if you send it in and get a piece of junk, simply call Verizon and have them replace it again.

MedlongOne

Dec 27, 2009
Visit site
^ You got lucky! Never heard of that happening before..

Yup. Sitting right in front of me. Now I was told it was going to be a brand new one, but it was a Like New Replacement. They sent a brand new battery and door as well but no charger. Little frustrated though because it already locked up on me once:confused:

Technified

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site
Got my replacement phone today and was quite PO'ed.

First off they send me a 1st Gen Droid 1.:mad:

Second the freaking thing wouldn't turn on at first. Then when it did only the return, menu, home, and search keys lit up, but no screen. The screen didn't appear until I tapped on the screen itself a couple of times. :confused:

Then on top of that when I slid the screen up it wobbled and felt like it was gonna fall off in a week or so.

So I called Verizon and they said they would overnight me another one. I know I should have asked about maybe getting a Droid 2 or something. But if this next one is as worst as the other one I definitely will be asking for something else.

xocarrie

Jan 4, 2010
Visit site
My droid suddenly wouldn't turn on yesterday. The keyboard lit up but the screen remained black. I was on the phone with tech support for 30 min and nothing worked so they are shipping me a new one today. We'll see what comes... it was shipped out of Fort Worth, TX

MedlongOne

Dec 27, 2009
Visit site
I can almost guarantee you'll be getting a like new replacement. That's all they send out now. Based on my own experience and from what I've read on here, you won't get a different kind of phone unless you a) get frequent defective replacements b) ask for a different one

I think I'm one of the only ones that's received a X so far

chagelsk

Feb 11, 2010
Visit site
Hopefully you get a good one. I received 3 straight replacements where the screen slider was incredibly loose compared to mine. A semi hard swipe to switch screens would open the keyboard. After the 3rd one, the tech rep offered to send out a D2, which will arrive today.

He said it would be a certified like new D2 so hopefully it will not be junk like the D1's they sent me.

xocarrie

Jan 4, 2010
Visit site
It's a D1 but good quality, with the exception of a flat keyboard. Kinda bummed about that because my old one was raised, but oh well.

Question -- how do I restore my old contacts, etc? I have them backed up to my GMail account. Do I need to activate the phone first? I haven't had time yet but will tomorrow. Thanks!

johntkong

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
I would raise unholy hell if they sent me a crap replacement. I'm not paying $6 a month to not be protected. I hope nothing happens to my droid as I really don't like motoblur such as it is on the Dx and D2. I prefer the stock on my Droid.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol