Red eyes in photos

juniorvc17

Nov 14, 2009
Visit site
All of the pictures I take are coming out with the people having red eyes. Any advice or suggestions as to what changes I need to make to my camera settings?

Thank you,

Adiliyo

Oct 17, 2009
Visit site
i've noticed this too, there's not much i can think of other than trying to fix it on a computer after the fact.

you can turn off the flash which will remove the redeye, but then depending on how dark it is when you take the picture, it could come out really blurry, noisy, or dark.

keepsakenw

Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
The reason you get red eye is because the flash is too close to the lense. There isn't alot you can do to correct this other than use an after market application like photoshop to correct the red eye. It's actually the flash reflecting off of the retnia

baycruisers

Oct 29, 2009
Visit site
The reason you get red eye is because the flash is too close to the lense. There isn't alot you can do to correct this other than use an after market application like photoshop to correct the red eye. It's actually the flash reflecting off of the retnia

Yep. Digital cameras (other than on phones) have a red-eye setting in which the flash goes off twice, the first time to cause the pupil to constrict, the second time to take the picture. It would be nice if someone could create a software solution to this.

chrislitzkow

Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
When using a flash mode, mine lights the LED's to focus, and then shuts them off until I press the shutter the rest of the way. I just tell the people to look at the camera (phone) during focus which contricts their pupils, and then take the picture. I have almost zero red eyes in my photos. Good luck.

chrislitzkow

Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
One more thought... If you are just doing a "single-push" of the shutter button your Droid is going to produce more red eyes. Try pushing the shutter button half way in order to light the LED's for focus as described above.

TheBandit181

Oct 29, 2009
Visit site
It's part of a DROID takeover. DROID is trying to spread itself through red eyes, just like the one it shows when you start the phone!

...Or perhaps its just an effect of the flash as stated above.

csiguy1

Nov 5, 2009
Visit site
Get people to stand in the most well lit area of the room to help reduce redeye. Still will likely get redeye but it may help.