A few things that have been bugging me. Questions!
Got my droid today! A few things have been bugging me but I'm sure there are ways to do these things I just cant figure out how.
1. Is there a way to reorder or hide items on the drag out menu on the home screen?
2. Is there no easy way to change ring profiles? In school this is really important to me. To be able to switch to all vibrate, then to silent, then to ring.
3. Is there a way to get OpenHome to work with the default icon styles and such? When I downloaded Openhome Lite(maybe this is available in the full?), it came with a different set of icons.
4. Is there a way to change when the phone goes into that sleep mode? When I put the phone in my pocket i'd rather be able to just keep it on the lock screen and not have to press the top button. I'm thinking similar to the storm and how slide to unlock works. Screen fades and when you press a key, the slider comes up and you unlock. It seems like a lot more work to press the top right button.
Thanks for all of youall's help!!!!!!!!!
- 11-24-2009, 10:54 PM #2
- 70 Posts
1. Not sure with Openhome, but dxtop is a good app that has a TON of features. Only like 3 bucks too.
2. Volume button? down to vibrate up to sound? Or get locale or sleep time for automatic profile changes depending on time/place.
3. Again, not familiar with openhome but dxtop can do this.
4. Screen mode widget
- 11-24-2009, 10:55 PM #3
- 11-24-2009, 11:55 PM #5
- 11-25-2009, 02:36 AM #6
- 11-25-2009, 04:17 AM #7
- 11-25-2009, 08:06 AM #8
- 11-25-2009, 10:39 AM #9
I was a Locale supporter, until a few days ago when I uninstalled it. Just coule never get it to work quite the right way. I found myself double checking which ring profile it wasa using so often that I may as well have been changing things myself. Just my 2 cents.
- 11-25-2009, 11:46 AM #10
2. The only way I know is to use the volume rocker ... one below sound is vibrate and silent is below that. I don't think there is really profiles like on most phones.
3. Not sure I don't use it but you can use default icons on dxTop ($3) which I like a lot.
4. The thing I would say is the backlight option .... but it seems that whenever you lock the phone, the screen turns off. DxTop does have more of an 'iPhone' like slide to unlock if you like that but again I think that sleep mode can't be changed.
- 11-25-2009, 11:59 AM #11