Deleting a ringtone?

gsontag

Nov 17, 2009
facebook.com
So i accidently added a song to "use as ringtone" when i was trying to get it to a playlist. I know this isnt a big deal, but i want to delete it from my ringtone list. Problem is, when i go into my file manager and go to ringtones its not there! anyone know if this can be delete?

xliderider

Nov 13, 2009
Visit site
My Astro file app can view the Ringtone directory in the Droid's system files (\System\Media\Audio\Ringtones). It can also do a file search.

Jeremy

Original Member
Oct 24, 2008
Visit site
So i accidently added a song to "use as ringtone" when i was trying to get it to a playlist. I know this isnt a big deal, but i want to delete it from my ringtone list. Problem is, when i go into my file manager and go to ringtones its not there! anyone know if this can be delete?

I did this the first day I got my phone and was stumped as well. That is until I found the ring tone with my MP3's in the music app. Then simply long press on it, then hit delete.

mathumom

Dec 2, 2009
Visit site
I am having the same problem, but I have been into the music app files and there are no ringtones in there? Where else can they be hiding?

beekeeper

May 4, 2010
Visit site
Any file considered to be "music" (and thus viewable in the music player) can end up being marked in an internal database as being a "ringtone" as well if you hit that "Use as ringtone" button. There is pretty much no built-in method to un-mark this.

I got tired of not being able to remove these accidental ringtones, so I put a (free) solution up on the market. "Ring Remover" does nothing but offer to remove the "is ringtone" status of any media that are both "music" and "ringtone". (It'll leave the file there, so you can still play it as music.)

(If you downloaded ringtones, or put things in an explicit ringtone directory, you need a different solution -- involving physically deleting the files -- since the file scanner will just recreate the ringtone status everytime you restart or re-insert the SD card.)

too40shorty

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
Solution

I searched and searched for a solution and finally located one. It won't let me post the link where I found it but here's the solution below.

1. Go to Settings>Applications>Manage Applications
2. Hit Menu Button > Filter > All
3. Scroll To DRM Protected Content Storage and select
4. Clear Data

Hope it helps and saves some others wasted time searching.

Happy Camper

Apr 5, 2011
Visit site
Here is how I did it:
Go to the music widget, go to play list, and then to recently added...
press and longhold the song(s) you want to delete, then several options come up, press delete.

qfman

Feb 9, 2012
Visit site
using a file explorer program, I am using ES file Explorer goto
/sdcard/media/audio/ringtones
I found the *.mp3 name but when I deleated the files it did not remove them from the ringtone list
:~(
Any other ideas?

qfman

Feb 9, 2012
Visit site
Yes but it only shows the *.ogg's that ship with the phone. It does not show the ringtones that MP3 Ringtone Maker added to the ring tone list!:(

mrrimshot

Jun 23, 2012
Visit site
HI, I'm Rimmy and I'm new to the Android world, and I've gone Android happy by downloading some that I now want to get rid of. That's what led to to the forum. By and large i'm enjoying the Droid world.

ragcat612

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
I have a new RAZR MAXX, and downloaded a couple of ringtones I didn't want. I came to this forum, which led me to this PERFECT app: Awesome Ringtone Manager, free. of course. It lists all your ringtones, you delete at will. PERFECT!!:cool:

Last edited:

just_jjuk

Jan 28, 2013
Visit site
I downloaded ringtones and when i tried to add more ringtones, its duplicated the list...how can i remove the duplicates? I tried ring remover app, it only found some of the music tracks that I had mistakenly added to the ringtones and it removed them...and i have put all the ringtones i want in a folder named ringtones in the phone memory...i was able to delete the ones in both the phone memory and the sd memory, but not in the default ringtones folder...H E L P anyone...my very first smartphone... :(

arivera1982

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
if you go into google play store and download the FREE app ringtone remover (the picture is a green and white recycling bin) once you download and open the app it lets you select the ringtones you want to delete including stock ringtones. I hope this helps.:)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae