no phone service, no 3G

SolidOrange

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
ever since i woke up yesterday morning, my droid has constantly been switching between the phone not working and the 3g radio not working. when the phone is not working, it will show full coverage until i try to press call. as soon as i hit that button, the signal strength drops to 0 and it will not dial out. when someone else tries to call me, it rings for them on the phone they are calling from but my droid does nothing at all. the really strange thing is that while phone calls cannot be made or received, SMS and 3g coverage work fine. however, for a few hours yesterday, and again this morning, i could make and receive calls but my 3g radio would not work. not only could i not connect to the internet, there was no icon on the taskbar for it at all. at this point, SMS and phone calls would work fine but i have 0 internet/e-mail access unless i connect to wi-fi. i spent over an hour on the phone with Verizon yesterday, to no avail. anyone know what this could be? i have tried the obvious stuff (battery pulls, turning the network/data/wi-fi on&off, updating roaming capabilities, etc.) but if anyone could provide any other suggestions, i would be very grateful! :D

abocornwall

Mar 7, 2010
Visit site
this happened to me last week heres what you do...go to setting wireless and network settings and then mobile networks turn on data and data roaming..... now you probably wont see 3G do a soft reset (pull out the battery while the phone is still on) when you reboot it should be working now turn data roaming off if that doesn't work call *228 option 2 (update roaming capabilities)if that doesn't work call verizon and do option 3 i think that should get you tech support and choose smart phones and then other smart phones. thats all i can think of i see you say you already tried but it worked for me.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ParkerAdams