Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default Notifications question

    Any way to set a different notification for when certain people in your contacts list text you?

    I can't figure it out
  2. #2  
    equus's Avatar

    Posts
    155 Posts
    Global Posts
    194 Global Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hydrogenman View Post
    Any way to set a different notification for when certain people in your contacts list text you?

    I can't figure it out
    Not yet !!. There are some apps in the Market that add that feature.
    Handspring>Palm>Win-Mo>iPhone>Blackberry>Droid>DroidX>Incredible>TB
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by equus View Post
    Not yet !!. There are some apps in the Market that add that feature.
    what are the apps?
  4. #4  
    equus's Avatar

    Posts
    155 Posts
    Global Posts
    194 Global Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hydrogenman View Post
    what are the apps?
    They are different programs you can get for free or some are paid apps just like the app store iPhone has except these are for Android devices. you have an icon on the droid that says Market, tap on it it will take you directly to store and surf away.
    Handspring>Palm>Win-Mo>iPhone>Blackberry>Droid>DroidX>Incredible>TB
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by equus View Post
    They are different programs you can get for free or some are paid apps just like the app store iPhone has except these are for Android devices. you have an icon on the droid that says Market, tap on it it will take you directly to store and surf away.
    I know what apps are

    I meant

    what is the NAME of the app that allows you to assign different ring tones to different people who text you
  6. #6  
    equus's Avatar

    Posts
    155 Posts
    Global Posts
    194 Global Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hydrogenman View Post
    I know what apps are

    I meant

    what is the NAME of the app that allows you to assign different ring tones to different people who text you
    oops my bad , let me check for you!.
    Try Ringo Lite-Ringtones Manager in the market.
    Last edited by equus; 11-26-2009 at 03:11 PM.
    Handspring>Palm>Win-Mo>iPhone>Blackberry>Droid>DroidX>Incredible>TB
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by equus View Post
    oops my bad , let me check for you!.
    haha, no biggie

    thanks, I couldn't find anything
  8. #8  
    equus's Avatar

    Posts
    155 Posts
    Global Posts
    194 Global Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hydrogenman View Post
    haha, no biggie

    thanks, I couldn't find anything
    Ringo Lite-Ringtones Manager
    Handspring>Palm>Win-Mo>iPhone>Blackberry>Droid>DroidX>Incredible>TB
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

    Default

    found it

    a program called Ringo allows you to set a different ring tone or notification tone for each individual contact


    gonna try out the lite version then the full version if I like it


    full version's 4.99 british pounds...so like what? 8 bucks US $...kinda steep


    edit: haha, we both found it about the same time, thanks for the help bro
  10. #10  
    jujigote's Avatar

    Posts
    2 Posts
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts

    Default

    handcent messaging allows different tones and led texting only tho

Posting Permissions