Remove verizon logo?

xliderider

Nov 13, 2009
Visit site
Belt sander, wow. Did it leave a rough texture afterwards?

Don't think I have any acetone to try around the house.

LOL. That post suggesting the belt sander was laced with heavy sarcasm. ;)

Whatever you try, keep in mind, you risk damaging the finish on the Droid's housing. In this case, a hard anodized finish. Then you will have to try to repair the cosmetic blemish you made. :rolleyes:

ChocoBilly

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
Some people do not like doing free advertising. For instance some photographers cover their camera's logo for this reason. I don't mind the logos where they're at, but I'm sure the device would look better without them.

baycruisers

Oct 29, 2009
Visit site
if you think a big droid would look better plastered across the back rather than the fairly subtle logos (which i will agree there are too many of, one of each is PLENTY, i don't need to be reminded twice that i'm using verizon's network) then well, i won't say anything mean, because aesthetics are really a personal preference.

more power to you to get the device the way you want. :)

I'm thinking about painting flames on mine. :rolleyes:

BigTex71

Nov 4, 2009
Visit site
Some people do not like doing free advertising. For instance some photographers cover their camera's logo for this reason. I don't mind the logos where they're at, but I'm sure the device would look better without them.

It is not free advertising. It is subsidized. Now, if you paid $600 for your Droid, then I would say it was free advertising. ;)

abstrak

Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
Last edited:

PortareAF

Nov 7, 2009
Visit site
You know when I walk around, I often see people looking at belt for the logos on my phone. Although since most people just ask what phone I have and I tell them a Droid, they know its from Big Red, unless they have been living in a hole for the last month.

Adiliyo

Oct 17, 2009
Visit site
You know when I walk around, I often see people looking at belt for the logos on my phone. Although since most people just ask what phone I have and I tell them a Droid, they know its from Big Red, unless they have been living in a hole for the last month.

i would just assume they were looking at something else near my belt ;)

baycruisers

Oct 29, 2009
Visit site
you, know, I'm trying to think of a major appliance, vehicle, gadget, or piece of clothing that doesn't have the name of the manufacturer on it.

OK, my socks. But that's it.

SilverLight98

Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
I don't see the big deal about the verizon logo. Yes I would of preferred if it wasn't there especially because there's another one on the back, but its not worth damaging the phone trying to remove it.

jparr701

Nov 29, 2009
Visit site
That part of the phone is usually covered by your hand anyway.
But why be a like everyone else with the same phone, car, cloths, etc... If you can personalize it and make a statement that you wanted to then why not? It is not that hard to do if you have any amount of creativity and mechanical apt. I say give it your all. The world is a canvas.

Marine One#AC

Nov 19, 2009
Visit site
So, when you find a way to remove the logo, what are you going to do when your phone goes t*ts up the next day? Not sure you're going to get a positive reception when trying to swap out a "modified" handset...

TvTechGuru

Nov 25, 2009
Visit site
Honestly I don't understand why people are obsessed with doing this to their phones. When I was with Sprint, people wanted to remove the Sprint logo. Kids who get cars want to "de-badge".

Why?! Are you ashamed you are with a certain provider? Or drive a certain car? Who would be? Why did you get that provider or car if you don't want it's logo displayed. It's not like it's a nuisance.

Sorry, rant over.

visualplastik

Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
I'm not embarrassed in the least to have a Verizon phone or Google in the least. Just looks retarded IMO and think its distracting.

Responding with "why" is not really adding to this message board. Same reason people mod their computers and cars, its fun and promotes individuality. Same reason Luke went with a green. Just because its a droid doesn't mean I'm an unflinching robot.

Several people have already posted here that they agree, that means that there are many more who would agree and aren't going to always take things as is, nor should they. I'll leave the lack of imagination to the ahem, *fruit* crowd.

Last edited:

Adiliyo

Oct 17, 2009
Visit site
you, know, I'm trying to think of a major appliance, vehicle, gadget, or piece of clothing that doesn't have the name of the manufacturer on it.

OK, my socks. But that's it.

even my socks have logo's on them.

when did i become a walking billboard?!

blast you capitalism! ;)

sleepypanda19

May 23, 2013
Visit site

Well, I have to be honest with you. I am experiencing lag on my S4, and it's the quadcore LTE version. With a Quadcore processor you would expect the phone to run buttery smooth---only it doesnt. I have experienced lag and stutters, especially when opening apps or scrolling through the menu. I am currently waiting for the international exynos version to come in 33GB, i've heard the international variant is lag free and smooth.

I also came from an iPhone 5, and with the lag aside, I think I have made the right choice in switching to android. But if you cant stand lag, this phone isn't for you.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 2

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12