How much on board available memory ideal?

sharkerbaby

Aug 28, 2010
Visit site
My phone runs w/ some lag and I have no doubt it's due to memory usage. I admit I have a lot of apps on my phone since I'm still trying to decide on best apps for my use so I have a couple similar apps that will eventually be widdled down to just one of each type but in the mean time I'm wondering how much available memory is ideal to ensure fast efficient use of resources.

I am afraid to root so until my courage is up I can't get rid of the unused stock apps which take up a boat load of space ie twitter and I hate that unused apps load even though not in use but I believe in the efficiency of android so I don't use task killers.

I guess I'm wondering how many self installed on board apps I should strive to get rid of?

TIA

moosc

Grand Master Moosc
Oct 20, 2009
Visit site
you should be rocking os 2.2. if so you can move apps that allow it to be moved over to the SD card.
My phone runs w/ some lag and I have no doubt it's due to memory usage. I admit I have a lot of apps on my phone since I'm still trying to decide on best apps for my use so I have a couple similar apps that will eventually be widdled down to just one of each type but in the mean time I'm wondering how much available memory is ideal to ensure fast efficient use of resources.

I am afraid to root so until my courage is up I can't get rid of the unused stock apps which take up a boat load of space ie twitter and I hate that unused apps load even though not in use but I believe in the efficiency of android so I don't use task killers.

I guess I'm wondering how many self installed on board apps I should strive to get rid of?

TIA

sharkerbaby

Aug 28, 2010
Visit site
Oh yes, I am fully utilizing 2.2 move to SD w/ the apps that have been updated to take advantage but many apps haven't made that jump yet. And of course those stock apps that I don't utilize I cant move at all ie twitter, amazon, ebay, etc

I know I am an app hound - I'm working on my problem, admitting you have a problem is the first step but as of yet I haven't found a 10 step program to help with the rest.