What new features would you like to see?

falltime

Nov 28, 2009
Visit site
Needs ability to play video in background and with screen off.
BT voice dialing is a must
Auto repeat audio,notifications (I know there is an app for that.)
Better battery managemnt
Ability to save apps to sd card

Japultra

Nov 13, 2009
Visit site
1) The ability to better sync phone contacts with Facebook contacts. This was really easy to do with the Sense UI, however, I really don't have any idea how the syncing on Android 2.0 works. I have some contacts who won't sync with their facebook profile. I have some contacts with 6 links to their facebook profile. And I have some contacts whose names are different on their facebook than their real name. There should be an option to manually set a phone contact to their facebook profile.

2) While the headset is in, continue to play notification sounds over the music instead of muting the music while the notification sound plays (just like how it is when music is played through the speakers.

Chris Kerrigan

Nov 16, 2009
Visit site
The only two things I would love to see added as many of you have already pointed out is BT Voice Dialing and the ability to store apps on the SD Card. Other than that, either I have a complete lack of imagination or I am just that satisfied with the Droid :D

jdk2

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
Can we please have the ability to sync Outlook on our home computer with the Droid and not through an Exchange Server? Read Blackberry Desktop Manager...

Adn1015

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
How about the ability to sync with Outlook without being on an Exchange server? And without having to use a 3rd party app that costs.

TKNOVA

Nov 10, 2009
Visit site
Overall, I'm EXTREMELY happy with my Droid. A few things that might make it better for me are:
1) predictive typing on the physical keyboard (I have not yet taken myself the workaround decribed in this forum)
2) the ability to add a signature to my non-Gmail email accounts (like is available for Gmail.
3) the ability to store apps on the SD card - I still have 150MB left in the phone but I will hit the wall some day.

R

Roy Aguilera

Wish that you could use your music as ringtones or notifications without using different folders. That there was a true iTunes sync. Last thing I could think of is a way to change the way that websites see your phone like on the bb (Firefox, IE and Droid).

trackizmy1

Nov 7, 2009
Visit site
More Application Pages without having to download other themes (dxtop,pandahome,etc.) and a multitouch keyboard. Separation of Notification ringtones such as different email, txt message, and third party applications ringtones for each of them. Also, a new way to copy and paste it is a bit difficult to copy what you want right now.

tdawgui

Oct 28, 2009
Visit site
In no particular order and suggestions for stock out-of-the-box, no app should be required.

1. Ability to customize color selected for email accounts
2. For the music widget: don't require a playlist be created for proper widget sync... It should pick up all you music unless you select a playlist (mine always says 'Selected playlist is empty' unless I select a song) Also add a Stop button for the music instead of just Pause...
3. More screens, allow user to specify number of screens desired.
4. Implement a smaller task bar like dxtop allows where you can have small phone, contact, messaging, etc icons for quick access and allow the user to select if they want them on at all times.. in an app or out of an app.
5. Have date show in notifications location when no notifications are present.
6. Remove the d-pad and use the extra space to make the hard keyboard larger.
7. Multitouch for keyboard and pinch-zoom.
8. Fix proximity sensor software bugs so no black out screens after calls... (mine stays blacked out every now and then...)
9. Improved camera software
10. Allow onscreen keyboard customizations (moving keys, adding/removing keys)
11. Allow user to define gestures for opening apps, calling people, etc.
12. Probably all on facebook, but fix facebook sync... not only does the widget suck, but I have some contacts that my droid thinks have 30 facebook inputs for their phone number.
13. Speech to text input for SMS/MMS.
14. Allow a quick way to mute all noises except for incoming calls and alarms... I'd like this for when I go to bed... I don't need to know when i get an email or a text at 4 AM, but if i got a call then... I'd want to know.

Thats all I can think of for now...

Just so you know, I LOVE my Droid and despite my suggestions here, I am perfectly happy with it :D Also, just to point out, there are a lot of these customizations that can be done with apps found in the market, but its just always nice to have more features come stock.

Last edited:

TreyDaPrince

Oct 28, 2009
Visit site
Hope no one said this already, but screen capture. I know its on DXtop already but it would be nice to use it with any other home alternate without having to go through all the other loops that's associated with screen capture for Android.

deftdrummer

Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
- Music app needs to be beefed up big time. It's ugly, unintuitive and doesn't even read album art correctly half the time.

- Multitouch pinch and zoom for web pages absolutely should have been included upon release. It's absurd that the Brit's get something before we do.

- I'd also like to see the camera app be full screen like the iphone eg: no ugly black frame that serves no purpose save for being ugly for ugly's sake.

- Lastly, Google should have lit a fire under the Facebook developer's asses to make the facebook app on the Droid the "killer" built in app. Instead its slow, ugly, and has fewer features than the mobile web version. Hell, you can't even view friend's pictures within the app itself, it brings you to the web version.

Tzen

Nov 28, 2009
Visit site
1. Pocket Quicken.
2. Rhapsody app.
3. Remote car start/keyless entry.
4. Get rid of the hardware keyboard and make the phone thinner.
5. Inductive charging like the Palm Pre.
6. A Bluetooth app to communicate with a full size keyboard and mouse when I'm at home.
7. An app like MyMobiler I was using on my Windows Mobile Treo 800w.
8. A Paypal app that display a barcode on the screen that link to my account. And it also use the camera to scan other people barcode to transfer money.
9. Mobile Defense will be out soon.

Just a little wish list. It's already awesome.

thebizz

phone addict
Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
I forgot to say we need full pinch to zoom everywere just not the browser and update the copy and paste to a much easier technque that's about all I need.
Can't wait for the moto droid 2

primodroid

Dec 8, 2009
Visit site
OK, so I am aware the Droid basically just was released but what new features/if any would you like to see added in some future updates? Anything is fair game except bug fixes as those are something we can all agree on.

Just curious to see what some of you think...

I love my Droid but I would like to see better backgrounds using my own pictures. It seems that all my pictures are getting cut off at sides (known problem others are reporting) even after resizing. I would also like to see better Facebook application (Bloo is just ok). Other than that I am quite excited about this "robot" HA!:D