Contacts Mixed Up

Aelther

Nov 4, 2009
Visit site
So today I was texting with a friend and opened a text to another friend and sent a text to that friend which ended up going to someone else on my contacts list. I was able to solve the issue by rebooting but I have encountered this issue before, I'm not sure if it's related to facebook or was just a mixup, I've experienced the issue while using the native sms app and handcent sms

tealturboser

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
I had this issue too, for me it seemed like some of my contacts were joined from Facebook with the wrong contacts I already had. Once i unjoined and then joined to the proper contact it seemed OK

Donkey Hodie

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
I had a similar strange experience today. Firstly, let me say that I don't facebook, twitter, etc., or any of the other "social networking" things. I do send/receive text messages on occasion from friends and family.

Today, I received what looked to be a text message from a friend of mine. The notification window contained the picture of him that I have in my contacts so I didn't bother to look at the phone number it was from. To make a long story short, we texted back and forth several times and finally figured out the sender had sent his message to the wrong number (me).

I still don't understand why my friends picture was displayed. I looked in my contacts at his entry. All phone numbers are correct, there aren't any duplicates or extra erroneous fields.

I'm puzzled by this but I've learned to look at the phone number of the sender before I respond.