| || |
Motorola Droid: Looking For Tips On The Following
i came from a blackberry and there are certain things that i need my phone to do which the blackberry seems to do with no problem. the droid, however, seems to be having a problem with it or i haven't figured out how to make things work.
1. i need my yahoo email and i need it work. i have seen and set up my yahoo mails using that guide floating around but it seems to have stopped working. it would pull the initial email batch, but any subsequent time i try to refresh for new email, all i get is "connection error." i didn't change anything. somehow it was able to get the email when i set it up but it couldn't after that. it also wouldn't send my email out. since my default is a yahoo email account, i'm guessing that's tied to that.
2. i can't choose which email account i can send email from. someone suggested open up the menu button when composing (which i have tried even before asking that) and nothing in there indicates changing accounts. i can add cc, attachment, compose, save draft, or discard. those are the only options. since i have a lot of email addresses, i need to be able to select which email account an email is going out from. i have to use a work email address to send out work things and personal email address for my own stuff. it seems it just wants to send out email from one account and it's not very intuitive to change accounts.
3. message loading. there are certain emails that if they have images attached, would hang on "loading" instead of actually fetching the message and images. no movement at all. this in turn locks all my other email accounts on infinite "loading" and they never do anything again unless i delete the account and redo the whole process of adding that email. i'm not sure if it's because of the amount of pictures in the email or what. is the motorola droid able to load emails with 10mb worth of pictures? sure it will take long but shouldn't the loading animation be moving? or does it just sit there?
4. when i type on the blackberry, it will do certain things like capitalize at the beginning of a sentence, punctuate at the end after two spaces, AND auto punctuate words that need apostorphe. while the droid does the first two, it doesn't seem to want to add an apostrophe to certain words that need it. i guess i have just gotten used to the blackberry doing it for me but since on a droid it actually requires several keystrokes to actually get an apostrophe, i'd like it to be able to add that automatically. the only way i've found so far is to add contracted words in the dictionary. do i have to do that for every contracted word? because prior to doing that, it wouldn't auto-complete contracted words even though the settings i have on the device and screen keyboards say it would auto-complete and correct errors.
5. facebook notifications. on a blackberry you get facebook notifications like you would messages. it would indicate that you have them. the one on the droid however doesn't seem to do that. it's up to you to open it to see if there are any changes.
thanks for any help. i like this device, but if it can't do what i need it to do, then i'll have to go back to my tour... and it's trackball. >_<