1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    71 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Default Help needed! Dial Screen, Contacts, and Settings missing!

Ok - this one is a weird problem I'm having with my Droid. I had been having some issues using SimplyStunning v 4.7 on my Droid, so I decided to go back to the factory image. After going to the factory image, I was prompted to do the 2.2 update. Once that was done, I hit the phone icon to make a call and saw the message "Application is not installed on your phone". I then noticed my contacts and settings icons were missing on the application tray. Additionally, I can't hit the menu button and go to settings

However, I CAN receive calls, voice dial calls, or call anyone that i had a text message from. Additionally, if I try to create a new text and start typing in a name it finds the contact no problem.

Does anyone have any idea what might have happened and how I can fix this? It's making using my droid a little difficult.

Global Posts
    123 Global Posts

I would recommend reinstalling an older stock rom and try the ota again. Good luck.

Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    ROM
    CyanogenMod

Can you create a Shortcut to get to settings?

Long hold Home screen > Shortcuts > Settings

If you can, I'm wondering if going to Settings > Apps > Launcher and selecting > Clear data brings these apps back.

-m
    Last edited by mitchb13; 09-22-2010 at 04:27 AM.