Droid sd card problems?

azezial

Nov 27, 2009
Visit site
i can put my sd card in my usb adapter and see my files on the computer (except for the pictures and video ive taken :( , however when i put the card back in my phone it says card has been damaged and asks for a reformat. I dont really want to do this...

Is there any fix? If i do reformat wont I lose my navigation ect?

Thanks, mike

mclarryjr

Retired Moderator
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
I'm not sure how to fix your problem but would suggest that you just plug in your droid to your computer next time to access your sd card. I think by doing that you may not have this problem again. Good luck in finding a fix.

Grombar

Sep 30, 2009
Visit site
If you can try to mount the card while in your Droid and access it that way, Not sure if somehow the formating got all messed up by pulling it out. Other option is to call CS but they will probably just tell you to reformat and start over.

equus

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
Well, try this>>> copy any files you have on that SD card to a PC>>> then reformat it ON THE PC using FAT 16 and NOT FAT 32>>>> reinstall it back to the Droid and check. There have been a few defective SD cards floating around in the Droids and just possibly you have one of those :eek: A vzw store would be willing to swap it for you, but call CS FIRST.
Your Nav application is NOT on your SD card UNLESS you stored a bunch of your favorite locations....
On a side note......NEVER pull out the SD card while the Droid is powered up NOR unplug the cable TILL you umnount it from the PC first.

azezial

Nov 27, 2009
Visit site
yeah i think my adding 10gigs of roms using my sd usb adapter somehow made it lose some of the indexing on the card... i was able to salvage most of my files with some recovery software however all the pics/vids i took since i got the phone are now gone :(

I do have it however back in the phone and working again...

Ill prob just use the usb hookup for the phone from now on.

Thanks for the info! Mike

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kinmo