Screw the D-Pad

Scott4551

Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
this D-Pad is worthless...I would of rather had a bigger keyboard that was centered than this d-pad...I can just reach up and touch the screen. What is the D-Pad used for????

That is the only flaw I can find and I know there is no way to fix it, but I had to vent

ccoady750#AC

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
I only use it for text editing. I tried using it for SNES Emulator, but it's too small and on the wrong side, lol. I still LOVE the phone though.

Jeremy

Original Member
Oct 24, 2008
Visit site
I've honestly gotten used to it. It's not that bad and it comes in handy at times. But I can understand some frustration of some.

ccoady750#AC

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
It's not good for SNES games, but it's better than the virtual gamepad. Hopefully we get multi-touch unlocked so they can have better virtual keyboard controls. Yeah, I'm ranting.

Aelther

Nov 4, 2009
Visit site
I would have preferred a small track pad like on the new blackberry curve, but having something like a d-pad or trackball to edit texts when you can't quite put your finger in the right place would come in handy.

A feature like the itouch has where you hold your finger in one place so a magnifying glass comes up and you can easily move your cursor to the proper place to edit the text.

ccoady750#AC

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
I would have preferred a small track pad like on the new blackberry curve, but having something like a d-pad or trackball to edit texts when you can't quite put your finger in the right place would come in handy.

A feature like the itouch has where you hold your finger in one place so a magnifying glass comes up and you can easily move your cursor to the proper place to edit the text.

It does have a d-pad, so when editing text it does come in handy. It's just not good for much else.

Zorro1

Oct 22, 2009
Visit site
It'll be useful when navigating on a spreadsheet, that's about all I can figure for now. (Not yet an owner, just touched one last night for the first time, but immediately wondered why they bothered with the pad instead of a better keyboard. But it'll be handy doing accounting work when we're constantly moving around from cell to cell.

Aelther

Nov 4, 2009
Visit site
It does have a d-pad, so when editing text it does come in handy. It's just not good for much else.

I know it does, I use it from time to time when I need to edit text, I was just saying I would have preferred a track pad or would like to see that magnifying feature.

chrislitzkow

Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
Would have preferred it without. Real estate on a mobile device is at a premium, and to take up that amount of space for the occasional text edit hasn't made much sense to me.

tdawgui

Oct 28, 2009
Visit site
Would have preferred it without. Real estate on a mobile device is at a premium, and to take up that amount of space for the occasional text edit hasn't made much sense to me.

x2 ...how much is a spacebar going for down in the florida keys these day? 1 mil? 2 mil? :D

infernl#AC

Nov 25, 2009
Visit site
Other than scrolling around Excel files, I too think that the D-pad is worthless - just like the keyboard. I wish they had ditched it for a larger keyboard...

YoungChrisG

Nov 10, 2009
Visit site
This problem isn't the D-pad (which I like :D), it's the half inch of seemingly usless chin that makes it hard to navigate. Without the chin the keyboard would be juuuuuussst fine :D.

j7469

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
If I had a choice I'd rather it not be there too. To be honest I forget that it's there most of the time. As said earlier, I'd much rather have a centered and larger keyboard. Either way the phone kill kicks a$$

Snaz

Oct 28, 2009
Visit site
I'm actually digging the D-pad....for sites such as this and tabbing through threads and page numbers...Its easier than zooming in and out for more accurate touches.

ccoady750#AC

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
I'm actually digging the D-pad....for sites such as this and tabbing through threads and page numbers...Its easier than zooming in and out for more accurate touches.

That makes sense, I just am used to zooming in and touching the what I want, since I hardly ever have the keyboard open when surfing. I use it on my banking website though, just to make sure I don't make a mistake.

TvTechGuru

Nov 25, 2009
Visit site
After almost a month with the phone I have to agree, it's pretty useless.

The only time I have ever used it was for moving backwards through words while text messaging to fix a word. They could have spread the keyboard out and made the keys a tad bigger but I'm not gonna complain.

After a month I'm still getting used to the keyboard. Can't type as fast as I could on my Blackberry Curve and those keys were smaller. How weird.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae