Apple Headphones w/ Mic

twentydeuce

Mar 17, 2010
Visit site
I have searched and found some older results. Wondering if anyone has gotten the Apple Headphones with volume control and mic to work for calls. I'd love to use the mic but even if I could simply hold the phone up to my mouth and listen through the headphones that would be good. Walking around NYC it's difficult to hear through the phone but if I have the headphones plugged in, I can't use the headphone mic or the phones mic.

mau5traP

Sep 25, 2010
Visit site
Hi,

I just got a new pair of apple's in ear headphones w/ remote & mic in the mail today, and I was bummed out when I found out that there were problems when connecting it to my Droid (music suddenly starting, mic not working on phone OR headphones, volume up/down buttons playing/pausing music in party mix), so I started looking around in different android forums with google. No luck.

But I DID find out THIS: Apparently if you HOLD the center button WHILE connecting the headphone jack to the droid, the phone's mic WILL work. I accidentally found this out while messing around with the headphones. The volume up/down buttons will still play/pause music, and the center button will do nothing.

While I was in a call, pressing the center button did nothing, but pressing the volume down button resulted in a quick mute of voice, followed instantly by ending the call. Pressing the volume up button did the same thing for me, but with a 2 second lag. Also, if you switch to speaker mode during a call, it outputs through the phone's speakers only, not the headphones.

Hope this helps :)

Reactions: Fletch F. Fletch

anon(47319)

Aug 8, 2010
Visit site
Are there any other headphones that work well with Droids? I have been using iPod ear-buds and holding the phone up to my mouth also, but living in NYC like twentydeuce, I have issues with speaker quality, and holding the phone is just inconvenient.

twentydeuce

Mar 17, 2010
Visit site
But I DID find out THIS: Apparently if you HOLD the center button WHILE connecting the headphone jack to the droid, the phone's mic WILL work. I accidentally found this out while messing around with the headphones. The volume up/down buttons will still play/pause music, and the center button will do nothing.

Exactly what I was looking for. Thanks so much!

droidXUser

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
I just bought Apple Earphone w/mic& remote for my Droid X and I was so disappointed as mic does not work. Thanks for the work around.
This means that there is no hardware problem such as the jack does not fit for Droid X?