1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    32 Global Posts

Default How do i stop the searching for GPS icon from popping up

Almost every time i look at my phone i see a GPS icon on top of my screen... does it eat my battery while working constantly like this? is my droid defected?

if you dont know what im talking about, its a little satellite looking thing on your notifications bar with a couple green blinking bars

i dont want to turn GPS off because i want the weather and my location updated periodically (NOT CONSTANTLY!)

is there a way to remove it from there?
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    2,393 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM 7 / Incredikernel .37

There is a power control widget that is stocl on the phone and you can select what you want active or not. Just press the gps iicon on it and you can shut it off

it's probably just a coincidence that it's on when you look, even if you leave location services on, it should only be running when something calls for location information.

what weather app are you using? for mine, i have it set to update every 3 hours, i usually only see the gps icon pop up when i open maps or something
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    6,356 Global Posts
    ROM
    NOS M7 Sense 5.0

I have my weather app set to update every hour and only see the GPS icon come up when I unlock my phone or use maps.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Global Posts
    32 Global Posts

i killed every app besides gmail messaging alarm clock and a clock widget ... and that POS is still lit
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Global Posts
    32 Global Posts

i use the weather channel app and cant find the settings in there to make it update every 3 hours ... is there another weather app that only takes up 1X1 on my droid and shows a 10 day forecast when i click on it?

weather widgets donate can do that, but only shows a 3 day forecast when clicked upon
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

Global Posts
    32 Global Posts

uninstalled weather channel, installed weather bug and set updates for every 4 hours ... no more gps icon ... maybe its the app maybe not, but i have not moved an inch since then ... will let you know if gps pops up for no reason again

weather bug is a great app with only 1X1 space and shows you 10 day forcast
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    6,356 Global Posts
    ROM
    NOS M7 Sense 5.0

If you use weather widget donate you can set it up do when its pressed it will open weather bug. The only bad thing is you have to hit it once to open the 3 day forecast then hit it again to bring up weather bug.

I have weather bug installed and there is a setting to use gps for location. When I unlock it will do that on mine. I turned it off and it didnt do it