Returning Droid to Wait for Passion?!???

Returning the Droid to wait for the Passion?

• Total voters

JsFacade

Oct 31, 2009
Visit site
Ok, I'm still a little on the fence about this, but wanted to see if there are others out there with similar thoughts. I have less then 1 week left in my 30 day tryout and though for the most part I do truly like the droid, if there were no other possible options it would be a keeper for sure, I just don't love a few things about it.

For me, and my "pork sausage fingers", the keyboard is useless, not to mention extremely uncomfortable with my thumb attempting to stretch over the D-pad, it just does not feel natural.

The photo quality is so so at best, considering its a 5MP camera I would expect better, and yes I know there is an update coming out, but I was patient with the Storm 1, I don't want to get into that cycle again.

Also, there have been many instances where the phone screen does not turn on after I pull it away from my face, leads to problems when your trying to enter keys for voicemail, etc.

So, that being said, is anyone else considering a return of the droid to get some 1 on 1 time with the Passion when, and if, it makes its debut?

As I mentioned, if there were no hint of something possibly better soon, this would not even be a question, but since the rumors are a milling, i'm not 100% on board, but...

If and when I get my hands on the Passion, and it turns out its not that great, do you think I'll have a problem with VZW when I try to order the droid again....

I know so fickle right? :rolleyes:

Well, thats it give me your 2 cents would ya?

J

Last edited:

Donkey Hodie

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
I'm happy with the Droid. At the rate new phones come down the pipe, you could wait forever for the next "hot new phone" until your Motorola Startac dies or you could take the plunge.

Ret.Lt-SA

Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
And they will frown upon taking back the Droid for the Passion and then getting back the Droid. They probably won't do that, so you will be stuck with the Passion even if you don't like it.

Adiliyo

Oct 17, 2009
Visit site
IF it exists, it's a 1GHz Snapdragon processor a 4.3" screen, android 2.x and SenseUI.

should be a nice phone if it ever comes out.

oh, and no keyboard, so it should be thinner and lighter. kind of like an eris/hero on steroids.

personally, being the gadget junkie i am, i'll probably buy it, but i won't return my droid for it, just get a new passion and sell the droid on ebay or something.

that is, if it ever comes out.

graymulligan

Nov 27, 2009
Visit site
I'm keeping the droid...love it, and I'm not getting into this cycle of "have to have the newest phone". I'm sticking with the best android handset, and not chasing vaporware hoping it will be better.

j7469

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
I got my droid on a one year contract (10 month to upgrade at a discounted price) because I know there is always going to be a better phone on the horizon, so at least this way I only have to wait less than a year to get the next best thing.

teknomedic

Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
interesting... I'll keep my Droid for the 2yrs. Better things will come in that time as always.

Droid is fun and I'm still not sure I'm a fan of touch screen keyboards. I try one then the other trying to figure it out, but lean towards the real keyboard due to having more screen space for other things when typing.

jjenson

Nov 7, 2009
Visit site
personally I am not a fan of the sense UI. I personally love the Droid and love the physical keyboard. I have played with HTC phones and just don't like the interface.

simp_10

Nov 7, 2009
Visit site
As said above several times, there will always be the next best thing coming next month. I'll keep the Droid and be happy. If better devices come out and I'm sure they will I look forward to reading everyones reviews.

Magnious

Nov 13, 2009
Visit site
I would get the droid ASAP, so in two years (or one year without the new every two discount). Because let's face it..the droid is the best NOW. The passion has not even been cleared by the FCC yet..so IF it exists...it is still MONTHS away. The longer you wait the longer until you can get the best phone a year (or 2) from now. No sense waiting on a phone that we only know by 1 picture that might be the passion.....it also might not.

**all that typed on the physical keyboard. It actually isn't that bad.

gonzoguy24

Dec 2, 2009
Visit site
I like the physical keyboard...i'm pretty fast on it!

And yeah the passion...I'm not counting on it coming out soon...i like the droid :) and the update will fix a lot.

If RIM was able to improve the storm with every update then I feel like Google will be able to improve the droid significantly on December 11th. Based on the Hero's update, I think a lot of good will come from this!

Tennessee

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
Sticking with the Droid. You can chase phones / computers or just about any other pice of technology. At some point you have to draw a line in the sand. Because next week or next month something will always be coming out.

Jeremy

Original Member
Oct 24, 2008
Visit site
I'll but the Passion when it comes out as well... you can never have too many devices. That's why I added it in the poll... ;)

jbharman45

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
And what are the chances that that 1 GHz Snapdraggon processor is throttled down? High, I think. If not, you can plan to use your phone for a couple of hours or carry a long extension cord. The Droid is new enough for me. I will wait and let the technology settle and see what new phone I can buy this time next year.