Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Droid Original (A855)

Hello, my name is nathaniel. I have an original droid 1. (A855) running android verison 2.2.3 and build frk76? i know it starts with frk though, now this phone will not connect to my laptop when i turn on usb debugging, i turn it off and it connects just fine but if i turn it right back on, it disconnects. I want to root it too but idk how to get it too work since no body knows how to put it into extreme detail, idfk what linux is so if someone can THROUHGLY EXPLAIN EVERY DETAIL. to me it would be very great because personally my brain is fried from too much acid. it took me an hour alone o here to figure out how to make a new thread. PLEASE HELP, I NEED A LOT OF HELP.

[Message paraphrased and cleaned by moderator]
    Last edited by NothingIsTrue; 02-26-2014 at 02:46 AM.

Global Posts
    4,220 Global Posts
    ROM
    Phoenix 1.6 Sense 5 4.2.2

Default Re: Droid Original (A855)

Let's keep the language friendly please! Are you using Linux or Windows? Are you using USB 2.0 or 3.0 ports?

Sent from my AT&T One X running CodefireX ROM Android Version 4.4.
    “Knowing how to think empowers you far beyond those who know only what to think.” - Neil deGrasse Tyson

OMG BECKY IT'S ALMOST HERE. The greatest tool to modify almost any HTC phone is on the verge of release. Unlock bootloaders, flash recoveries, root, and more. Open source, powerful, end-to-end encryption, enhanced by Droplr and Amazon's Secure Content Distribution Network. Best of all, it's 100% free. All built by me. Get ready to rock!

3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

apologizes about that dude, i have windows seven and even then its fraudulent windows 7. and im not totally sure about the ports, im not too computer savy, im more of an xbox hacker then computer, im awfully confused by this and all these process.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

they are probably 2.0 though due to the fact that the laptop is old as all hell xD

Global Posts
    4,220 Global Posts
    ROM
    Phoenix 1.6 Sense 5 4.2.2

Few more things! Please refrain from discussing anything related to piracy! (fraudulent windows)

Now back to the subject, Are you running windows as an administrator? Be sure to also check if you have the proper drivers installed on your PC for the phone.
    “Knowing how to think empowers you far beyond those who know only what to think.” - Neil deGrasse Tyson

OMG BECKY IT'S ALMOST HERE. The greatest tool to modify almost any HTC phone is on the verge of release. Unlock bootloaders, flash recoveries, root, and more. Open source, powerful, end-to-end encryption, enhanced by Droplr and Amazon's Secure Content Distribution Network. Best of all, it's 100% free. All built by me. Get ready to rock!