Calendar - December 1969?!

ChocoBilly

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
When I set my calendar to a 31 Day format it always opens to December 1969.:eek: So If I wanted to see December 2009 month I'd have to scroll 40 pages!!! :mad: Has anyone else have a problem like this? Any thoughts on a fix? I tried a system reboot via hard reset, but that does not work.

I have dxTOP home app and Pure Calendar widget.

Thanks!

p08757

** Superhero **
Oct 22, 2009
Visit site
The obvious thing would be to make sure you have the right year programmed in. I don't have a Droid yet, but that is what I would check first.

equus

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
When I set my calendar to a 31 Day format it always opens to December 1969.:eek: So If I wanted to see December 2009 month I'd have to scroll 40 pages!!! :mad: Has anyone else have a problem like this? Any thoughts on a fix? I tried a system reboot via hard reset, but that does not work.

I have dxTOP home app and Pure Calendar widget.

Thanks!

Set your device to use NETWORk settings........SETTINGS>>>> DATE & TIME SETTINGS>>>> CHECK AUTOMATIC.
problem solved.

keepsakenw

Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
Man you gotta quit living in the past! Some of us can remember those days and I for one wouldn't want to back there...

Sorry no help on a solution...

p08757

** Superhero **
Oct 22, 2009
Visit site
That is exactly what I have. It still opens up to December 1969... :confused:

The cell tower you are getting your time and date from are probably not configured properly.

Can you manually set the date and time?

Does the date fix its self when you are away from home and connected to a different tower?

ChocoBilly

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
The cell tower you are getting your time and date from are probably not configured properly.

Er... Well I don't know about that. I mean, on the main home screen the date is correct. Shouldn't the calendar feed from that? Or is this something related to GOOGLE? Since the calendar references Google Calendar.

EDIT-> I Just checked the Google Calendar on-line and that seems fine.:confused:

Last edited:

equus

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
Er... Well I don't know about that. I mean, on the main home screen the date is correct. Shouldn't the calendar feed from that? Or is this something related to GOOGLE? Since the calendar references Google Calendar.

EDIT-> I Just checked the Google Calendar on-line and that seems fine.:confused:

Wild shot here, turn off the droid and then turn it back on.........see if that makes a difference. or maybe you have already done that?

ChocoBilly

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
Um... Just went to the store, the rep looked at it. He tampered with it for like a minute or so, and fixed it. Said all he did was set the Time Zone. So... I'm not sure how that fixed the 1969 part, but that's that.

For the record the floor model at the store also had December 1969. Go figure...

STC09

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
It's happening again. Date/time settings are still determined by the network, so no idea why it's back to 1969.

dtrust

Nov 26, 2009
Visit site
Fixed mine - for now

OK, I have had the same problem. Year set to 1969 in the calendar.

I just checked and mine was set to "automatic" on time settings.

I uncheck "automatic", then went through all the time/date related settings and changed them manually to some other date that today, then changed them back to be correct.

Then recheck automatic settings. Calendar now shows correct year. Rebooted phone. Still shows correct year. Crossing fingers for now.

n0m0n

Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
I have the same thing.
I get a email from Jan 31, 1969.
Not all just 1 day, and when I look at the email on my PC its the correct time.
This is happening with a email off of my POP3 account.
Time, and Date is correctly showing on my PC, and the setting date and time are set to automatic.

The other emails I get before or after are correctly dated.

Strange.

nomorepoor

Dec 15, 2009
Visit site
I had the same problem a couple hours ago and was getting quite frustrated trying to scroll back to today.
Then, I remembered someone saying somewhere that some keys had more functions if you pressed and held them.
I tried this on all the menu items, I believe it was the one that says today, and it came back to 12/14/09.
(as I was trying to remember which button that was to type it here, I my 7 day button, and it went back to 1969. It is the today button that fixes it)
strange...

and now, only minutes later, I can't get back to '69.
I must really have a broken flux capacitor!

Last edited:

Hardcase

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
I've noticed that my calendar stays at where ever I last left it on the Droid. I was used to Palm taking me to the current date. It is kind of annoying to have to choose "Today" when entering the calendar.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rockpaperreality36