Will Droid get 2.1?

InsomniacSR

Dec 4, 2009
Visit site
Will the Motorola Droid be updated to 2.1? I know their releasing 2.0.1 in the coming weeks, but I was wondering if the Droid will get 2.1. I'm seeing the GSM Hero running Sense with 2.1, and I've also seen pictures of the Motorola Sholes tablet running 2.1. I know it should get it, but I thought I would just ask.

graymulligan

Nov 27, 2009
Visit site
the droid will be the first to update with the 2.1.

Really? Because the Hero 2.1 is out in the wild already, albeit in leaked for, and we're supposed to be getting 2.0.1 with the next update, if everything I've read is right. That would make the Hero the first phone to ge 2.1.

My guess is the droid will get it soon enough.

R

Roy Aguilera

Really? Because the Hero 2.1 is out in the wild already, albeit in leaked for, and we're supposed to be getting 2.0.1 with the next update, if everything I've read is right. That would make the Hero the first phone to ge 2.1.

My guess is the droid will get it soon enough.

The Hero does not have a complete 2.1 its a smashed together leak. Droid will be the first.
Think BB hybrids on that Hero 2.1

ardoreal

Nov 26, 2009
Visit site
I'd have to agree. For the BB folks who were on Sprint/Verizon waiting for OS 4.5 to "get official" you waited a really painfully long time. Other phones went up two, three point releases sometimes before VZ finally got on the ball, and then Sprint 4 months later.

I'm thinking the validation and testing has Droid further ahead on software than Hero. Oddly, this despite Hero being out longer. How backwards is that?

Adiliyo

Oct 17, 2009
Visit site
well, it mostly would have to do with the droid running the vanilla android OS, whereas the hero or eris have sense, which needs to be made compatible with 2.x before it can be released.

it's one of the advantages of using the stock OS

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
seniorengineerdood