1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default question about VZW

i am going to buy a friend of mine's D1 and get rid of my DInc i have the insureance on the DInc i was wondering if anyone knew if i would still be able to put the insurance on the D1?

If the phone is transferring from one account to another you will lose the ability to keep insurance on it. The only real exception is if its a device that currently has insurance that is transferring to another number on the same account.

TL;DR You will lose the insurance.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

ahh ok thanks

why are you getting rid of the inc for a droid1? just curious

Your insurance is transferable. The warranty on the phones is not. I would call vz to make sure that there is insurance on the droid after you swap it to make sure.

Mbar, I went from a Dx to a Storm 2 then to a Droid

ROM
    Stock Deodexed Froyo

Oh damn, why would you downgrade? The Dinc is a much better phone than the D1. Just my opinion. :/
    My Smartphone Journey on Big Red:
    Motorola Droid --> Motorola Droid 2 --> Samsung Fascinate --> iPhone 4S --> Samsung Galaxy S4
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

I just needed something with a keyboard I agree the dinc was a great phone I just couldn't type very good with the on screen keyboard but I do have it for sale if anyone wants it

Sometimes you just can't beat the original

ROM
    Stock Deodexed Froyo

Oh but you so can! I will say the Droid is better than the D2 but still. Motorola gets on my nerves. Glad I have a Samsung now!
    My Smartphone Journey on Big Red:
    Motorola Droid --> Motorola Droid 2 --> Samsung Fascinate --> iPhone 4S --> Samsung Galaxy S4