I dont care what anyone says...

CavemanOOGA

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
The keyboard rocks some major booty in my personal opinion. It took some getting use to but, in the end, I love using it more than the virtual keyboard. It just seems more...satisfying to use.

hatch.duffy

Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
starting to grow on me as well although i still used the portrait virtual keyboard the most. Still, I like being able to see they whole screen while typing with the physical keyboard.

graymulligan

Nov 27, 2009
Visit site
I agree...at first, it was a little awkward, but now, I love it. I don't use the portrait keyboard at all, (big thumbs) and rarely do I use the onscreen...I like the hardware keyboard a lot.

slowhatch

Nov 25, 2009
Visit site
i use the screen keyboard for messages or typing a few words but if i wanna bang out something long i ALWAYS use the physical.

CavemanOOGA

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
Yeah I mostly bust out the physical keyboard when I wanna type something long. But for those scenarios at work when I need to bust out a quick text at work without the boss seeing...virtual all the way.

gsontag

Nov 17, 2009
facebook.com
after a while the physical keyboard gets a lot easier to use. there is a SLIGHT raise of the keys that makes it easier to type. the only time i use the portrait keyboard is if i am in class and dont want to make any noise with the "click" of opening the keyboard.

ThirstyTurtle

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Just like anything new, you have to get used to it, I had to get used to all three keyboards, but now I'm pretty good on all of them. However, coming from the iPhone's multi-touch keyboard, I do miss the multi-touch. If this keyboard was multi-touch I would most likely never use the physical keyboard.

TvTechGuru

Nov 25, 2009
Visit site
I agree, after a month with the phone I am finally getting used to it and am able to type fast. I'm almost up to the speed of typing on my old BB Curve.

thebizz

phone addict
Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
The bad thing is i feel the same way the keyboard is great now it just needs prodictive text and it will be one of the best I've used. I just love how wide it is

hydrogenman#AC

Nov 24, 2009
Visit site
The keyboard rocks some major booty in my personal opinion. It took some getting use to but, in the end, I love using it more than the virtual keyboard. It just seems more...satisfying to use.

to me the worst part of the keyboard is that it's not centered with the screen

I don't mind the feel of the keys

Nov 19, 2009
Visit site
Keyboard

I have not used the virtual keyboard yet and I've owned my phone from day one. I read that the HTC is soooo much better due to the weight without the slide out keyboard? I'd gladly have my phone be 25% larger and heavier and I'd be happy. I don't understand the problem with the weight at all. My wallet weighs more than my phone. My keys weigh as much as my phone and neither do what my Droid can do.

graymulligan

Nov 27, 2009
Visit site
I have not used the virtual keyboard yet and I've owned my phone from day one. I read that the HTC is soooo much better due to the weight without the slide out keyboard? I'd gladly have my phone be 25% larger and heavier and I'd be happy. I don't understand the problem with the weight at all. My wallet weighs more than my phone. My keys weigh as much as my phone and neither do what my Droid can do.

I'm right there with you. (on this issue, and geographically...<waves from rochester>) I don't mind the extra weight, it sort of makes the phone feel a little better made, and like I won't break it as easy.

Anyone have specifics on the predicitve text/physical keyboard thing? I'd love that.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech