Bedside mode

engourdi

Nov 7, 2009
Visit site
I did a search and found a post on this subject but it did not completely answer my question. I am using my old BB case for the Droid. I have noticed that the battery is draining fairly fast for the amount I have been using it. When I go to remove the phone from my case I notice it is in bedside mode ( at least I think it is). I assume this is what is causing the battery drain. I have not found anything else that would be causing this.

Is there a way to permanently turn off this mode so the phone stays locked in my case?

Thanks,
Wil

hydrogenman#AC

Nov 24, 2009
Visit site
I did a search and found a post on this subject but it did not completely answer my question. I am using my old BB case for the Droid. I have noticed that the battery is draining fairly fast for the amount I have been using it. When I go to remove the phone from my case I notice it is in bedside mode ( at least I think it is). I assume this is what is causing the battery drain. I have not found anything else that would be causing this.

Is there a way to permanently turn off this mode so the phone stays locked in my case?

Thanks,
Wil

The old BBerry case probably has a magnet clip on it that's causing the Droid to go into bedside mode, which means the screen doesn't turn off....which would really do a number on your battery life

you need to get a case without a magnetic clip

graymulligan

Nov 27, 2009
Visit site
I've played with a couple different bb cases, and the sleep feature amgnet will do just the opposite on the droid, no matter the case. (the magnet placement is different in the tour and storm cases) They both keep the droid awake.

If you want a decent leather case, the VZW one is okay, I prefer the plastic holster myself.

MikeB

Nov 24, 2009
Visit site
I have a related question .. I bought the MM dock and the alarm mode is cool but way too bright (even when dimmed). I can exit the alarm screen but will the phone sleep and still notify me? I really don't care about having a clock while sleeping ... (I did d/l a diff alarm that is dimmer but still too bright for me and it says it must be running to notify)

hydrogenman#AC

Nov 24, 2009
Visit site
I have a related question .. I bought the MM dock and the alarm mode is cool but way too bright (even when dimmed). I can exit the alarm screen but will the phone sleep and still notify me? I really don't care about having a clock while sleeping ... (I did d/l a diff alarm that is dimmer but still too bright for me and it says it must be running to notify)

The alarm clock works and goes off even if your phone is in sleep mode, I never had mine in the dock the first 2 weeks I had it and it wakes me up every morning

CHARISSE

Mar 2, 2010
Visit site
I got a 2 year old that always picks up my phone and plays with it and stuff.. the phones I had in the past were pretty durable and could take a beating. The Droid's an awesome piece of hardware but it just doesn't have the look of something that can withstand some damage. Anybody have war stories of their Droid taking damage that would destroy lesser phones? Please share!

ptfd13

Nov 7, 2009
Visit site
I got a 2 year old that always picks up my phone and plays with it and stuff.. the phones I had in the past were pretty durable and could take a beating. The Droid's an awesome piece of hardware but it just doesn't have the look of something that can withstand some damage. Anybody have war stories of their Droid taking damage that would destroy lesser phones? Please share!

This use a thead about bed side mode. On the main motorola droid page look a few threads down and there is one all about abuse stories.

tntdroid

Droiderator
Feb 19, 2010
www.flickr.com
I also used a old BB case with a mag. I found if you flip the phone so the screen is facing away from you it does not put it into car mode. I hate velcro so this works for me. Give it a try and see what happens.

Rudolphe

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site

I think i recognize this post... Here's the Original Some people added comments to it..

ellisz

Jan 9, 2010
Visit site
There is an app called dock blocker that will allow you to use a case with a magnet. I recently purchased the car and home dock so I quit using it but it worked great. It will automatically put the phone back in sleep with a magnet is detected.