Manual Update question

jhnnyblze2000

Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
I just did the manual update. I'm done doing it and it worked fine. Just wondered if I have to keep the update.zip file on my memory card. I'm extremely new to android and know virtually nothing about it. Thanks for the help!!!

vitalmind

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Just curious. I did the update last night. Got to the boot menu. I clicked install update or whatever it was. When it started first line that came up said can't read cache or something. I didn't notice it at first cause I was watching the progress bar. Update went fine. Everything works good. Just curious what that one thing meant?

Chris Kerrigan

Nov 16, 2009
Visit site
Just curious. I did the update last night. Got to the boot menu. I clicked install update or whatever it was. When it started first line that came up said can't read cache or something. I didn't notice it at first cause I was watching the progress bar. Update went fine. Everything works good. Just curious what that one thing meant?

I noticed the same thing when I did my update, but likewise the update continued without any issues. :confused:

dagostin

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
I wouldn't sweat it. I saw it too. it's possible that our manual application of the update skipped a step of storing some data in a cache directory before updating and thus this error was thrown. Or, the error always exists but if you installed from verizon's push, you wouldn't see the install logs like we did on manually applying.

Either way, I've seen many people say the same thing and no one has had any issues linked to that error message, so we're good.

vitalmind

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Glad I'm not the only one. And like I said, no issues. Probably didn't help that I did it at 130am haha. Half asleep updates make you wonder when you wake up. I was like I did see that right. Thx for the replys guys.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nayminthuyain888