Old Emails Reappearing in Mailbox

baycruisers

Oct 29, 2009
Visit site
I have a POP3 Comcast account set up on my Droid. Every once in a while copies of read emails reappear in my inbox even after I've deleted them from my Droid. I know they're still on the Comcast server and I want them to remain there until I delete them from my PC.

Today the same 3-4 emails reappeared, some of them 5-6 times. It's more annoying than alarming, but I can't figure out what the problem is and how to fix it. My Comcast inbox was not very full, so that doesn't seem to be the explanation.

Suggestions?

muddy00

Nov 10, 2009
Visit site
I always had this problem on my Win mobile phones also, Blackberrys are the only ones I have never had this issue with. My droid does it on my pop3 and my yahoo accounts.

baycruisers

Oct 29, 2009
Visit site
I always had this problem on my Win mobile phones also, Blackberrys are the only ones I have never had this issue with. My droid does it on my pop3 and my yahoo accounts.

Well, you guys are a lot of help! :D

Actually, that's a bit reassuring. I was worried that this was one of those rare errors that was visiting only me. I'll make a point of deleting emails from my PC more often and just hope for a fix.

And of course it was ironic that I got the same email from my wife half a dozen times, asking me if I'd taken care of a chore. :rolleyes:

mclarryjr

Retired Moderator
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
Sometimes my wife has to ask me things a dozen time too for me to do it you can't blame the phone.

Why not set up a gmail account and forward you other to it and from there to your phone.

Chris Kerrigan

Nov 16, 2009
Visit site
Sometimes my wife has to ask me things a dozen time too for me to do it you can't blame the phone.

Why not set up a gmail account and forward you other to it and from there to your phone.

Thankfully Gmail is my primary, and basically the only email I use aside from my Military/School emails, and this issue seems to be outside of Gmail. Although I haven't ran into it with my School email.

largeselection

Nov 4, 2009
Visit site
I have this issue as well with my pop email. I find that if I actually open the email (rather than just clicking mark as read/delete) then it doesn't reappear.

baycruisers

Oct 29, 2009
Visit site

It's not such a persistent or annoying issue that I'm ready to do that--yet. But that's not a bad idea.

My wife insists she sent the email just once. Maybe, maybe not.

The other weird part is that the repeat emails have a 1969 date on them.

endorphine44

Dec 10, 2009
Visit site
I would but hotmail is stupid and will only let you forward to a @live.com or @hotmail.com email. So I am unable to forward it to my gmail account.

why don't you setup Gmail to POP or IMAP your hotmail account? That's how I have mine setup for live.com and a couple other accounts, works great.

jlye834

Nov 13, 2009
Visit site
This has happened to me before as well. I find that if I actually open up the email to mark it read it stops. But it can be a little annoying if it happens for multiple emails.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nicos18